What if Moyes had today's budgets?

Would Everton have won more under Moyes with today's spending power?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As proven at United, he's not adept at signing better, more expensive players.
he was given like two signings wasnt he? and woodward failed to bring in what they needed.

two of those signings are still there and have overall proven to be successful signings.

Not that i'm trying to big up up, but he time at united didn't fail because of the signings he made. it failed because he is a dinosaur that hasn't adapted with the times, like BFS. and when your at a top club - that isn't acceptable.

he was given like two signings wasnt he? and woodward failed to bring in what they needed.

two of those signings are still there and have overall proven to be successful signings.

He's not decisive. They spent all summer looking for a midfielder and chased loads without finding the man they needed.

Now you could argue that caution paid off here, because we needed to be sure and we were. When we bought, we mostly only bought players we knew were good. Our buying record under Moyes was excellent.

But we got gazumped a lot because we were slow and careful. When you're going for the players everyone wants, you can't do that.

Plus he was the kind of manager who needed the players to be his, he struggled with the big egos. His ability was getting the likes of baines to run through walls for him, didn't mean he knew how to get anything out of yakubu or drenthe. One of the reasons he relied so much on old boys at sunderland was that he'd been burned by the big egos in utd.

Add that to his other flaws, his inability to manage big games being the obvious one. And nah.

Not good enough to win anything, end of the day. We should have got rid a lot earlier.

Moyes would never win anything because his own inbuilt negativity would always prevent him for going all the way in any competition. We were the better side in the 09 FA cup final and the 2012 semi final but Moyes and his negative tactics were directly responsible for us losing on both occasions. He can do a great job at building a side and making them tough to beat and best of the rest if he's given time which for a lot of clubs isn't somthing to be sniffed at. I'll always be greatful for his first seven years here while he tighted up the ship and gave the club it's dignity back but I'll always hold him responsible for holding is back in his final three to four years because he refused to evolve. He'll never change and all the money in the world wouldn't make any difference. He knows were his level and doesn't have the bottle to ever go further.
Agree with a lot of this, but better side in the 2009 cup final? Respectfully disagree (except the first 30 seconds or so).

Every striker he bought he ruined or wasted.

The reason he got half decent PL finishes (for the most part) was because he avoided star players or players with a bit of character and flair and relied on a corp spirit.

In short: it'd have made no difference to us whatsoever to have handed him extra cash.

Every striker he bought he ruined or wasted.

The reason he got half decent PL finishes (for the most part) was because he avoided star players or players with a bit of character and flair and relied on a corp spirit.

In short: it'd have made no difference to us whatsoever to have handed him extra cash.

Not sure he ruined Yak did he? Yak should got injured which is unfortunate because he was the best centre forward we had in ages.

I respect and appreciate David. No matter what happened post Everton, and I think he would be the first person to admit he made a mistake leaving, what he achieved here , budget restricted, fans slaying him etc was nothing short of miraculous!!! He did a fantastic job for EFC and gave us ten years. Apart from when we play the hammers I wish him the best.

Do I think he could of done something special with the money? No. But, having said that, I'm lost sure it would have better than Mr Koeman did.

David stabilised us and excelled us while he was here here. He then made a bad decision, buttons that was ultimately right for both parties going forward.
Signed good players, signed bad players, but I will never be the one to slate what he did for our team......

I went for the cheese on toast because I could and added a little Worcestershire sauce.

Seriously though he would have made a right shambles of it. Yes he uncovered some diamonds but most just lemons.

Was at his best when had had nowt to spend, some of the cheap buys he picked up that no one was looking at were great

I remember how he spent the Champions League qualification money and the Lescott money.

That should be the end of this.

Champions League qualification money = on debt. He spent what little he got of the Rooney money too.

Lescott money with not much time left = Distin (excellent signing), Heitinga (player of the season, then went bad, got money back when sold iirc), Bily (statistically one of the most productive goals pg / assists pg winger s we have had, forced out by Neville the sweaty bully)

Bought Pienaar and Arteta for the cost of Klaassen's left shinpad.

Excellent work.

Status
Not open for further replies.