Weir???? Coach???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan

Staff member
A mate of mine who is a Celtic fan (I type this with the fact he could be trying to wind me up in mind) just said on the news up north of the border they are reporting we have offered Weir a job as a coach when he leaves Rangers.

Anyone heard anything about this?

McCoist said recently he was going to be offered a job there as a coach when he finally retired.

He played for 2hrs the other day and still had energy. I can see him going on a while yet.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back. He might get a few games, too. Whether or not he will make a good coach , though , remains to be seen. My neices boyfriend is on terms with Preston , where David Unsworth is on the coaching staff. He says he hasn't got a clue and is a bit of a di**head

I think it'd be a good move for us if it were to happen, the mans 41 in May and is still one of their best performers. A few of our players could learn a thing or two from him regarding fitness and the likes of Cahill, Arteta etc are approaching their 30's and if he could add a year or two to their career that's gotta be a good thing imo.

Definitely would be a good move for us (and him). He could easily fill in as reserve captain and bring on some of the younger ones with his experience. He could be a squad filler and emergency bench occupant for the odd game whilst developing his coaching (and maybe ultimately management) ambitions. I'd imagine that Moyes would see him as a similar kind of player to himself (if a little better) with similar credentials and ambitions.

We need leaders as coaches - players who lead by example and knew the game and commanded respect - I'm not so sure that all of the coaches we've had in some of the recent past have met this criteria (e.g. Darracott)

He's got no hair - we don't care - Davy Davy Weir...

Last edited:
Happy to see him back some players have an "air" about them Davie is one such player i would have thought though he'd have fancied a managers job.

Hmm it could well be an idea to sign him up as a player-coach. We need experienced cover for Jags and Distin (especially if we sell Heitinga) but someone who wouldn't mind spending most of the time on the sidelines.

Good move. Whatever McCoist is saying he is too ineperienced and near Davey Weir age for ths to work ar Ibrox Weit would be a threat, No such problen at goodison, Aut a good guy to groom for when Moysee decides to move on perhaps

You lot gone totally mad? I mean no offense here but he ain't no Sir Stan is he? Leave it be.

This.

I find it incredible. If he arrives at Goodison it's a jobs for the boys act from Moyes pure and simple, because it makes no football sense. He's 41 and getting the arse torn out of him in that league up there! He'd be obliterated down here, so forget playing time for Everton. Jesus is this what we're reduced to - offering washed up 41 year olds contracts? We'd be a laughing stock. Talk about back to the future with Walter Smith's signing up of old mates when he was destroying this club!

As for Weir as a coach: WTF experience has he got to demonstrate he can hack it as a coach? Hopefully this is just Moyes bigging up Weir for a better contract/role at Rangers than he has right now...which is probably more likely the case.

FFS - a 41 year old. We might as well pack up and write next season off already.

Unbelievable.

This.

I find it incredible. If he arrives at Goodison it's a jobs for the boys act from Moyes pure and simple, because it makes no football sense. He's 41 and getting the arse torn out of him in that league up there! He'd be obliterated down here, so forget playing time for Everton. Jesus is this what we're reduced to - offering washed up 41 year olds contracts? We'd be a laughing stock. Talk about back to the future with Walter Smith's signing up of old mates when he was destroying this club!

As for Weir as a coach: WTF experience has he got to demonstrate he can hack it as a coach? Hopefully this is just Moyes bigging up Weir for a better contract/role at Rangers than he has right now...which is probably more likely the case.

FFS - a 41 year old. We might as well pack up and write next season off already.

Unbelievable.

Say what you really feel Davek!!! Don't hold it in!

I think he'll stay up in Glasgow anyway

Say what you really feel Davek!!! Don't hold it in!

I think he'll stay up in Glasgow anyway
the thing with davek is he can see whats going on at the club and wont have it .were as theres a hell of a lot on here who r happy to finish 6 to 8th every year.the lad says what he feels and gets stick for it .am with you dav .afterall we have seen a good everton team

Status
Not open for further replies.