We must stick with silva as fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allegri, Mourinho, Spalletti, Benitez, Wenger, Blanc, Marcelino, Tedesco, Deschamps, Pablo Machin, Howe, Luis Enrique, Mancini, Arteta, Bielsa, Van Bronckhorst, Bosz, Kohfeldt, Ten Hag, Tuchel or even an unlikely return for our old assistant Joao Pedro Sousa - currently pulling trees with little known Famalicao.

More than 20 coaches there i'd be overjoyed with if we appointed instead of MS.

Can we please put the "there's nobody out there" argument to bed now?

Benitez is currently drowning in cash in China, he’s not leaving there after a few games

Mancini is the Italy manager and hasn’t even had a major tournament with them yet, no chance currently. Ditto Deschamps isn’t going to pass up the chance to win the euros with the best team in the world.

Arteta is a cone layer at City and completely unqualified for a premier league job especially mid season.

Bielsa will win promotion this season. Why give that up?

Tuchel is the current manager of PSG.....

I don’t believe in the whole ‘there’s no other managers out there’ shouts but people complain about our ambition going for Silva then suggest Arteta and Howe!

At the end of the season if Silva has failed on his targets for this season then I’d like to see us get a top manager in. Throwing the dice on assistant managers mid season is how teams get relegated.

...not sure two defensive midfielders matter. What matters is two effective defensive midfielders. Reid/Bracewell didn’t do too bad against all types of opposition.
they do matter when you're
struggling to score goals
create anything that isn't from a Digne cross.
at home against a promoted team weren't even that good.
No problem with two defensive mids against certain teams.

Benitez is currently drowning in cash in China, he’s not leaving there after a few games

Mancini is the Italy manager and hasn’t even had a major tournament with them yet, no chance currently. Ditto Deschamps isn’t going to pass up the chance to win the euros with the best team in the world.

Arteta is a cone layer at City and completely unqualified for a premier league job especially mid season.

Bielsa will win promotion this season. Why give that up?

Tuchel is the current manager of PSG.....

I don’t believe in the whole ‘there’s no other managers out there’ shouts but people complain about our ambition going for Silva then suggest Arteta and Howe!

At the end of the season if Silva has failed on his targets for this season then I’d like to see us get a top manager in. Throwing the dice on assistant managers mid season is how teams get relegated.

Stand by for incoming.

A big problem for Everton is the culture at Goodison Park of being unforgiving of mistakes and poisonous when it comes to negative results.

We do not encourage the team in a positive way to address defeats, nor do we accept that mistakes happen and through that learning players can get better.

Instead we boo, jeer and pile on to our own team when things aren't going our way.

It has started to turn away from this a little bit since the derby last season.

I firmly believe that positive encouragement, forgiving mistakes, security for the manager and coaching staff through to next summer, appealing to the team's pride in order that they work as hard as possible and turning all of our ire and poison on the opposition is the way forward.

Sadly this won't happen.
This, many times over. The problem today is not Silva, it is higher up. The whole club is run badly and we are now reaping the reward of our cavalier attitude to chopping and changing managers and the short termism that this instills

In my opinion, Burnley is a must win match for Marco Silva, However, I feel it is essential to give him longer, patience will pay great rewards!

CMON you blues.

Tony

they do matter when you're
struggling to score goals
create anything that isn't from a Digne cross.
at home against a promoted team weren't even that good.
No problem with two defensive mids against certain teams.

....that’s where the team model is key. The creativity will usually come elsewhere. Two creative wide midfielders, a No10 and a striker should suffice if the DMs give them enough of the ball.

My concern about the effectiveness of our defensive midfielders is not our lack of goals, it’s how fragile we look defensively. I have said we might as well play one of Delph or Schneiderlin because they are not functioning well as a defensive unit.

Two defensive midfielders are fine if they do their job and have the right players around them. Gbamin will hopefully give us more in transitioning from back to front.

Probably a very very very small percentage.

I just don't get the give him time shouts. He's not the guy to go all for. He's sticking with a formation that doesn't work.

I've always said it, a good manager can change things around tactically if what they're doing isn't working no matter the type of players they have, and with Silva unable to do this it just makes him look tactically inept.

This, many times over. The problem today is not Silva, it is higher up. The whole club is run badly and we are now reaping the reward of our cavalier attitude to chopping and changing managers and the short termism that this instills

And the tens of millions we have wasted on sacking managers, plus the tens/hundreds of millions of transfers/wages on players bought for different styles that we have struggled to move on.

Allegri, Mourinho, Spalletti, Benitez, Wenger, Blanc, Marcelino, Tedesco, Deschamps, Pablo Machin, Howe, Luis Enrique, Mancini, Arteta, Bielsa, Van Bronckhorst, Bosz, Kohfeldt, Ten Hag, Tuchel or even an unlikely return for our old assistant Joao Pedro Sousa - currently pulling trees with little known Famalicao.

More than 20 coaches there i'd be overjoyed with if we appointed instead of MS.

Can we please put the "there's nobody out there" argument to bed now?

I think we could be halfway to the championship, and some people would still say there's nobody out there.lol I think barring some sort of catastrophe, then Silva will see out the season.But the argument that there's nobody out there, or that Silva is the best we can get, is just total and utter bs.

In my opinion, Burnley is a must win match for Marco Silva, However, I feel it is essential to give him longer, patience will pay great rewards!

CMON you blues.

Tony

If “it is essential to give him longer, patience will pay great dividends” then why is Burnley a “must win match”?

If patience is of such vital importance then surely a bad result at Burnley will not affect his position at the moment.

...not sure two defensive midfielders matter. What matters is two effective defensive midfielders. Reid/Bracewell didn’t do too bad against all types of opposition.
That there is the problem Eggs, they were 'Mid-Fielders' part of a whole Mid Field unit. Not like we have, a collection of isolated individuals, playing contained individual roles, DMF (Carsley/Gueye), Attacking (Ha) MF, No.8, No.10, Wide MF, etc, etc.
We don't have a proper mid field unit.

Its been said for years ( by me mostly, but I heard it years ago and IMO, its still true)

'The game is both won and lost in the Mid Field, always was, always is, always will be.'

Until 'We' / Silva / A. N. Other / 'the man in the 'king moon for all I care' sorts that, the back line will leak goals and the forwards will struggle for a decent percentage of convertable chances.

Oh and some fitness, intensity and will to win wouldn't go amiss either.

It doesn’t matter what formation or tactics we play under this guy, for me he doesn’t get the best out of his players. That is the fundamental skill of all good managers. Motivate and make those players run through brick walls for the cause. I just don’t see any harmony or belief in our team. We can talk about defensive mids and 4-3-3s til the cows come home but if the players don’t perform to their best then it’s irrelevant. This guy ain’t right and everyone knows it.

If “it is essential to give him longer, patience will pay great dividends” then why is Burnley a “must win match”?

If patience is of such vital importance then surely a bad result at Burnley will not affect his position at the moment.

I feel, given the current state of football management (loose a few and you are out) then Burnley is a must win match, bad results are stacking up for Marco Silver, so it would be no surprise for an imminent sacking. But, allow the man more time to flourish, I think he could be the man for Everton's future.

CMON you blues

Tony

I feel, given the current state of football management (loose a few and you are out) then Burnley is a must win match, bad results are stacking up for Marco Silver, so it would be no surprise for an imminent sacking. But, allow the man more time to flourish, I think he could be the man for Everton's future.

CMON you blues

Tony
Silva is clueless no plan B and his plan A is hopeless, sooner out the better he was never good enough and never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.