We must stick with silva as fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're using someone who turned it around as an example for someone who has shown he goes through terrible patches every year. There's no indication, whatsoever, that the "give him time" brigade would accomplish anything other than more seasons of mediocrity.

And what was Kendall's record as a top flight manager like prior to his turning it around at Everton?

You're using someone who turned it around as an example for someone who has shown he goes through terrible patches every year. There's no indication, whatsoever, that the "give him time" brigade would accomplish anything other than more seasons of mediocrity.

and in 1983 there was no indication that retaining Kendall would accomplish anything other than more seasons of mediocrity.
THAT was the point :coffee:

And what was Kendall's record as a top flight manager like prior to his turning it around at Everton?
Name be the people who have been given time in English football since Kendall who have achieved success at their club after being average at best in their first two seasons not named Kendall or Ferguson.

For every insurance of giving him time there are HUNDREDS of examples where time simply delays the inevitable.

Name be the people who have been given time in English football since Kendall who have achieved success at their club after being average at best in their first two seasons not named Kendall or Ferguson.

For every insurance of giving him time there are HUNDREDS of examples where time simply delays the inevitable.

And maybe, just maybe, managers should be given time, is my point. If clubs trust the manager's vision, then they'll accept that rewards won't be instantaneous. Or they'll understand that it takes time to build the system, with the players he wants.

How many of those hundreds could have been successful if afforded a season or two more?

And maybe, just maybe, managers should be given time, is my point. If clubs trust the manager's vision, then they'll accept that rewards won't be instantaneous. Or they'll understand that it takes time to build the system, with the players he wants.

How many of those hundreds could have been successful if afforded a season or two more?
Probably a very very very small percentage.

I just don't get the give him time shouts. He's not the guy to go all for. He's sticking with a formation that doesn't work.

Oh, and Klopp was 8th in his 1st season at the RS and 4th, 18 points off the top in his second and we haven't seen the end of Silva's second season yet and he has more of a chore on than Klopp had to begin with.

You've got me there.

Agree to disagree and let's see how the season plays out?
Unless somehow Marcel has an unbelievable target already signed on we're not getting a top coach right now. They typically are with a club currently and those clubs probably realize they don't want to disrupt THEIR squad by having the manager leave.

So I agree. it's not like anyone else is ready to jump in.

We see the performances and the results but what we do not see is the work every day at Finch Farm , the interaction between the manager and his coaching staff with his players.
While the atmosphere is good(if it is), while the players still believe in the manager(if they do) and are playing him then I think that would give him some extra breathing space.

A big problem for Everton is the culture at Goodison Park of being unforgiving of mistakes and poisonous when it comes to negative results.

We do not encourage the team in a positive way to address defeats, nor do we accept that mistakes happen and through that learning players can get better.

Instead we boo, jeer and pile on to our own team when things aren't going our way.

It has started to turn away from this a little bit since the derby last season.

I firmly believe that positive encouragement, forgiving mistakes, security for the manager and coaching staff through to next summer, appealing to the team's pride in order that they work as hard as possible and turning all of our ire and poison on the opposition is the way forward.

Sadly this won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.