Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Dunc is the manager and he makes the calls. We can't know what is going through his mind when he is trying to change things on the pitch, he said he wanted to use up time and, as far as I am concerned, that is it.
But that's not the reason he subbed him . He subbed him to make a point. But he is a 19 year old in a new country. That has got to be considered. He must be doing something right for duncan to put him on but destroyer him 18 mins later.over all it wasn't a good call. But that's just my opinion.

And unfit.

These issues can be due to multiple factors but given that everyone else in the team looked well drilled (especially Holgate in an unusual position) hard not to notice that Moise was not
Should know he isn't fit to start with, I don't think he was necessarily not trying. You could see when he came on he was confused of what he had to do, that's bad man management The staff should be able to tell him what his role is before he comes on instead of the players having to explain it.

Kean came on and went to go onto the left but Richarlison told him to go central and he'd go left. Kean lacked work rate and just jogged around, I don't think that would have went down well with management

Should know he isn't fit to start with, I don't think he was necessarily not trying. You could see when he came on he was confused of what he had to do, that's bad man management The staff should be able to tell him what his role is before he comes on instead of the players having to explain it.
If he’d started him in the match yes but surely having played professional football for a team like Juventus it isn’t asking too much for 20 mins? I recall Deulofeu being exhausted in a similar timeframe at the start of his loan spell at same age but that was the difference between youth and senior teams and even Del managed 20 mins after being here 5 months.

The lack of understanding of the game plan could be due to several issues, language being an obvious one. Just thought it striking that everyone else seemed to be well drilled so doubt the issue was lack of trying to communicate.

Presumably because he thought he would be able to last for 20 mins, has talent and thought he’d communicated his game plan and requirements in training?
I think it was the wrong sub given the context of the game (which is on Duncan imo), but all of this. Either Duncan was taking a blind leap of faith with the lad or he thought Kean was more prepared than this. I’d bet on the latter

We owe him absolutely nothing. Gave him a chance on the big stage today and he half arsed it completely. Only has himself to blame. Looked knackered after jogging about for 15 minutes.

At the end of the day it would have looked better for the telly/fans if Ferguson had just put an arm round him as he came off...…………………………………...and then whispered in his ear "I'll bang you out next time if you don't do what I tell you"

kean must be given a chance to redeem himself. Starting against Leicester will be a perfect man management move to end this saga once and for all and never let it linger around in the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.