Vilification of linked players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a forum to discuss all things Everton but there appears to me to be an unhealthy amount of criticism made of just about any player we get linked to. It doesn't seem to matter just how rubbish we are but with the exception of about 1% of the players linked the rest are all classed as not fit for us/useless. People need to get a grip that we've no cash and can't shop at the top table. We have a certain amount of cash available and the club needs to bring in players that are of a level to get us out of our position as it stands. Survival is the name of the game at the moment and that's it. So fine like I said it is a forum for discussion but let's at least give some of these players a chance.
the problem with this is that the players we are linked with are usually of such poor quality they are not getting near the starting 11 of their very average teams. they are not young. and their stats of goal scoring and assists (which we need) are woeful.

so when I saw mcneil was being signed for example I thought he is nowhere near good enough, doesn't offer what we need in goals and assists and can't even get on the starting 11 of a crap burnley team that got relegated. like wise when I saw maupay. I wondered how he would fit into a role dcl player as we don't play 2 up front. which means changing styles which means no identity of the way we play foorball the money we paid for those 2 was insane and why our recruitment and scouting department are the worst in the league. all the above in reality is fact and not just my opinion.

so if see someone like fraiser mentioned as a potential signing I think of two points.

he doesn't score and he doesn't assist. I DONT want him here as we have enough of that rubbish in our squad.

Some people were saying the same about McNeil. They're the same people who keep saying Tom Davies needs time.

Look how that's turned out.

We all watch enough Everton / other top tier football (some more than others) to be able to recognise if a player is a PL standard player or not. There's obvious physical and technical attributes that players need to have.
So on McNeil a video posted the other day of him scoring a worldy against us. He's been awful for us absolutely awful. Davies when he first cam into the team was bring described as the next shiny thing we had and since has degraded but equally when he can on in the last game was voted for by loads as our motm. It's all about opinions.

Your last paragraph screams out the question that if we're all that good at picking players how come we're all sat on our keyboards on a footy forum everyday when the football world needs you.

At the moment apart from the players who have sensibly rejected our approaches , the only name I have seen under discussion is Fraser.
And I’ve seen enough of him over the years to conclude he is uber gash.
Feel free to disagree though.
Honestly can't say I've seen enough of him having never watched the teams he's played for. Hence why I won't make any judgement on him as I don't know enough about him .

….ffs, we all have to like players we’re linked to.

ok, I really rate Fraser & think he’ll be great for us.
Thanks for the sensible response, of course we don't all have to like players we're linked to, which isn't what I was saying. I just refuse to believe that pretty well everybody we're linked to us gash.

You seem to have changed your opinion of Fraser all of a sudden is that because you've now watched him or was it an attempt at humour I really can't tell.

Thanks for the sensible response, of course we don't all have to like players we're linked to, which isn't what I was saying. I just refuse to believe that pretty well everybody we're linked to us gash.

You seem to have changed your opinion of Fraser all of a sudden is that because you've now watched him or was it an attempt at humour I really can't tell.

….it was an attempt at humour. I think he’s exactly what has got us in this mess. I think he’s exactly what we don’t want.

Posters seemed very happy with the links to the Sheffield United youngster, just like they were to Kudus in the summer. Progressive talent is what we need, I think you’ll not find many dissenters for talented footballers, they give us all a lift. Angst is generally for players who aren’t very good.

….it was an attempt at humour. I think he’s exactly what has got us in this mess. I think he’s exactly what we don’t want.

Posters seemed very happy with the links to the Sheffield United youngster, just like they were to Kudus in the summer. Progressive talent is what we need, I think you’ll not find many dissenters for talented footballers.
Fair enough. Like I said I really haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion.
The Sheffield lad for me would be a gamble especially with the cash being quoted for him cos we haven't got much. Kudus I hadn't seen either until the world cup and after watching him then he could have been a good signing.
Like I'm saying I don't expect people to stop their criticism of players linked but just perhaps a step back to realise exactly which shop we're able to shop in. We either pick up relatively unknown talent (Kudus in the summer and onana) or pick up journeyman to do a job to get us out of the position we're in. Let's face it looking back a number of years did anybody see the impact that Kevin Campbell made on the club when we brought him from Turkey?

89% of all GOT posters were either binned publicly by their first crush or got them into bed but failed to get a stiffy! That repressed shame and rage needs an outlet that is only afforded via this forum. A mental health and wellbeing service that is shamefully ignored by the new years honours committee!
Viva the 11%

I know this is a forum to discuss all things Everton but there appears to me to be an unhealthy amount of criticism made of just about any player we get linked to. It doesn't seem to matter just how rubbish we are but with the exception of about 1% of the players linked the rest are all classed as not fit for us/useless. People need to get a grip that we've no cash and can't shop at the top table. We have a certain amount of cash available and the club needs to bring in players that are of a level to get us out of our position as it stands. Survival is the name of the game at the moment and that's it. So fine like I said it is a forum for discussion but let's at least give some of these players a chance.

Thing is mate, I see you regularly villfying Everton players.

Only yesterday you was slating Michael Keane now he might get some game time with Dyche...

Enlighten us how we get a job for Everton recruiting for players please.
You would probably need to get a job in football somewhere else but I'm no expert perhaps write to the club. I'm sure your coaching badges and other football related qualifications will get you through the door for a face to face interview.

You would probably need to get a job in football somewhere else but I'm no expert perhaps write to the club. I'm sure your coaching badges and other football related qualifications will get you through the door for a face to face interview.

Write to the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.