Vilification of linked players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a forum to discuss all things Everton but there appears to me to be an unhealthy amount of criticism made of just about any player we get linked to. It doesn't seem to matter just how rubbish we are but with the exception of about 1% of the players linked the rest are all classed as not fit for us/useless. People need to get a grip that we've no cash and can't shop at the top table. We have a certain amount of cash available and the club needs to bring in players that are of a level to get us out of our position as it stands. Survival is the name of the game at the moment and that's it. So fine like I said it is a forum for discussion but let's at least give some of these players a chance.
Alright Kev

I know this is a forum to discuss all things Everton but there appears to me to be an unhealthy amount of criticism made of just about any player we get linked to. It doesn't seem to matter just how rubbish we are but with the exception of about 1% of the players linked the rest are all classed as not fit for us/useless. People need to get a grip that we've no cash and can't shop at the top table. We have a certain amount of cash available and the club needs to bring in players that are of a level to get us out of our position as it stands. Survival is the name of the game at the moment and that's it. So fine like I said it is a forum for discussion but let's at least give some of these players a chance.
This is a great point, look at least season, so many idiots had a moan thinking Rafael was going to bring Sean Longstaf to Everton, a player they didnt think was good enough for us, he is currently having a great season in a top 4 side.
We have this stupid delusion about players not being good enough for us, problem is when we get those players some fans instantly want to shatter them

This is a great point, look at least season, so many idiots had a moan thinking Rafael was going to bring Sean Longstaf to Everton, a player they didnt think was good enough for us, he is currently having a great season in a top 4 side.
We have this stupid delusion about players not being good enough for us, problem is when we get those players some fans instantly want to shatter them

….ahh, you’re still in love.

Thanks for the sensible response, there are some players that deserve everything they get especially those that disappeared to China and hadn't run for six months
To be fair we have already signed players like Fraser and Adam’s and are joint bottom of the league. I’ve no issue with the lad from Coventry or the Shef Utd player coming in, it’s just the clapped out frauds we tend to get linked with that are so uninspiring.

Some people were saying the same about McNeil. They're the same people who keep saying Tom Davies needs time.

Look how that's turned out.

We all watch enough Everton / other top tier football (some more than others) to be able to recognise if a player is a PL standard player or not. There's obvious physical and technical attributes that players need to have.
I mean, thats not true.

Just because some people are positive about every player, even the obviously bad ones, doesnt make someone any better by being the other extreme. Being negative over every player because of 2 players is exactly the problem. Lucas Digne sucked, Pickford is terrible, Richy should be gone, Stones isnt any good, Lukaku is terrible because of his first touch etc etc etc.

Countless times its 99% of players, and justified because of the ones who arent any good. If you take that attitude towards players you are the same as happy clappers, just on the other side, so dont pretend you dont like them.

Nothing personal against ITKs, but I feel that it harms things when things get leaked ahead of time (current manager announcement notwithstanding).

Details of medicals arranged and stuff - I’d prefer it left to run its course as all leaks serve to do is create angst when it’s needless.

Nothing personal against ITKs, but I feel that it harms things when things get leaked ahead of time (current manager announcement notwithstanding).

Details of medicals arranged and stuff - I’d prefer it left to run its course as all leaks serve to do is create angst when it’s needless.
Groucho prefers the simplicity of teletext. Can’t remember any leaks back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.