Vilification of linked players

Status
Not open for further replies.
People like to be edgy and say someone’s going to be crap without watching much of them. It’s easier that way because if they turn out good they won’t get hammered as people will be riding the love train. If he turns out bad then they can act like they know stuff but really they’ve just blagged it.

It’s the way of social media and forums.

I know this is a forum to discuss all things Everton but there appears to me to be an unhealthy amount of criticism made of just about any player we get linked to. It doesn't seem to matter just how rubbish we are but with the exception of about 1% of the players linked the rest are all classed as not fit for us/useless. People need to get a grip that we've no cash and can't shop at the top table. We have a certain amount of cash available and the club needs to bring in players that are of a level to get us out of our position as it stands. Survival is the name of the game at the moment and that's it. So fine like I said it is a forum for discussion but let's at least give some of these players a chance.
Can say unhealthy but as others said about mcneil, maupay prob more in the past aswell. Will get a chance but you can say here if you think it wont work out, we all want every player to come in and do good

I know this is a forum to discuss all things Everton but there appears to me to be an unhealthy amount of criticism made of just about any player we get linked to. It doesn't seem to matter just how rubbish we are but with the exception of about 1% of the players linked the rest are all classed as not fit for us/useless. People need to get a grip that we've no cash and can't shop at the top table. We have a certain amount of cash available and the club needs to bring in players that are of a level to get us out of our position as it stands. Survival is the name of the game at the moment and that's it. So fine like I said it is a forum for discussion but let's at least give some of these players a chance.
I'm not 100% sure, but it might be because all of the players we're linked with are rubbish because we have a terrible DoF, Chairman and owner and either rubbish or ignored scouts. Maybe that's the reason we aren't super positive about Ryans Bertrand and Fraser?

I think there's a difference between automatically hating every player we're linked with and making informed opinions on a player we're linked with based on prior exposure of them that we might have already had

Someone like Theo Walcott is an excellent example of course, seeing as there was plenty of footage out there of him playing that could be used to make an informed opinion as to whether Everton should look to sign him, not to mention those of us who had seen him playing against Everton in person

With things like YouTube, social media and the ever growing number of television deals with non-English leagues for those of us with Sky/BT/Amazon/Premier TV etc, it's never been easier to do your research

Status
Not open for further replies.