Vilification of linked players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is mate, I see you regularly villfying Everton players.

Only yesterday you was slating Michael Keane now he might get some game time with Dyche...
I've seen him play, so that's fair criticism and those others that play for us I'll criticise because once again I've seen them play a number of times. Fraser for instance I haven't so I won't criticise.
Plus (as much as I think he an awful defender due to the evidence of my eyes watching him) dyche if he takes over is likely to change how we set up defensively which would probably suit his abilities. Not that I want him to get a game I just think that's a fair comment.
I'm sure you'll find plenty other examples of me criticising some of our players, don't know how that changes my original point though which was about players being linked.

I know this is a forum to discuss all things Everton but there appears to me to be an unhealthy amount of criticism made of just about any player we get linked to. It doesn't seem to matter just how rubbish we are but with the exception of about 1% of the players linked the rest are all classed as not fit for us/useless. People need to get a grip that we've no cash and can't shop at the top table. We have a certain amount of cash available and the club needs to bring in players that are of a level to get us out of our position as it stands. Survival is the name of the game at the moment and that's it. So fine like I said it is a forum for discussion but let's at least give some of these players a chance.
Exactly, players need to be believed in and given confidence in order to perform. Not sure what level some fans think we're at. I remember the same thing happening when we were signing players from the championship under Moyes. Sometimes a signing like Klassen for example doesn't work out for whatever reason and a signing like Baines or Jagielka does.

I’m starting to get the feeling you don’t like what you are choosing to read on here and are telling us off.
Not at all I like the banter on the forum and no problem if you want to criticise possible players it's an open forum and a free world.

Enlighten us how we get a job for Everton recruiting for players please.
You will need to do PFSA level 1 and level 2 courses in various forms of analysis/scouting, level 1 stuff can be done from home, anyone can do that stuff. Level 2 stuff starts getting serious and involves a lot more and costs a lot of money to do. But at the end of it all you will have enough to theoretically apply for a job at PL level.

You will need to do PFSA level 1 and level 2 courses in various forms of analysis/scouting, level 1 stuff can be done from home, anyone can do that stuff. Level 2 stuff starts getting serious and involves a lot more and costs a lot of money to do. But at the end of it all you will have enough to theoretically apply for a job at PL level.

Cheers mate, @Houghty19 is paying.

Thanks for the sensible response, of course we don't all have to like players we're linked to, which isn't what I was saying. I just refuse to believe that pretty well everybody we're linked to us gash.

You seem to have changed your opinion of Fraser all of a sudden is that because you've now watched him or was it an attempt at humour I really can't tell.
The last five years worth of signings all say hi

….ffs, we all have to like players we’re linked to.

ok, I really rate Fraser & think he’ll be great for us.
I think the issue is that as soon as any player is linked with us, it's literally seconds before someone comes in saying swerve.

At the moment we have no idea how Dyche is going to want us to play. All we are doing is basing things off how he was at Burnley, when the situation and players available to him were totally different.

I'll agree, some are just complete rubbish (like Rondon), but we can't all throw our toys out of the pram everytime we get linked to someone who isn't the hipsters choice of a south American tricky winger...

I know this is a forum to discuss all things Everton but there appears to me to be an unhealthy amount of criticism made of just about any player we get linked to. It doesn't seem to matter just how rubbish we are but with the exception of about 1% of the players linked the rest are all classed as not fit for us/useless. People need to get a grip that we've no cash and can't shop at the top table. We have a certain amount of cash available and the club needs to bring in players that are of a level to get us out of our position as it stands. Survival is the name of the game at the moment and that's it. So fine like I said it is a forum for discussion but let's at least give some of these players a chance.
Our recruitment has failed us for years. They have had a chance. Given the track record there will rightly be huge scrutiny. People don’t seem to understand the power of the premier league even if we are the worst team in it. Moving to the premier league is a lottery ticket for the vast majority of players in all h TVe other European leagues. They would be doubling, trebling their wages. Look at Gnota at Leeds or the Japanese lad at Brighton. The 2 were under £10m combined. With £40m in our pocket we should be able to bring in a couple of good players from Europe. If we see a cast off as limited as Fraser or a has been like Antonio signed it continues to highlight how poor our scouting network is and it will just prolong our period in the FFP dulldrums. Once Pickford and Onana are gone there are no more assets to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.