V.A.R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every team will contest every goal against, just in case, totally destroying any kind of goal celebration atmosphere.

If I remember right, some of the VAR decisions in the World Cup were wrong too, even with replays from every angle. The "top 6" bias will just switch from the pitch to the little room they all sit in, the premier league won't let this affect the teams they need to be doing well for the brand of the league.

Our video referee says...

C6E65834-294F-4416-8DB5-1D6F3EFA20B9.jpeg

I was skeptical when the idea was being floated around at first but it worked so well at the World Cup and the officiating in the premier league this year has been so bad that it has to happen.

Looking back at so many terrible Derby decisions I can’t wait to see how we get screwed over going forward without allowing free kicks being pushed forward 20 yards or sendings off for clean tackles...

However we would’ve had to take Stevie’s knee slide when Suarez’ teeth were offside so there’s one decision that went for us

I'd have it if it could be purely confined to offside calls. I remember the video reviews from the world Cup and it slowed the game down, made it worse to watch and some of the calls were still wrong.

Goalline technology yes, VAR no. It'll hold up the game. This is not rugby or cricket where stoppages are frequent. Football needs to be flowing or people will stop watching.

Goalline technology yes, VAR no. It'll hold up the game. This is not rugby or cricket where stoppages are frequent. Football needs to be flowing or people will stop watching.
I would rather hold up the game 1-2 minutes to get the correct decision.

Gana against UTD, the penalty given against us would never had been given if they checked VAR...

Part of football is the perceived hurt held fast for years, such as Clive Thomas. It is part of our history and fills our collective story. Of course, I would rather have won, but sticky decisions give us something to discuss.

I'm not sure that these things even out - but I do think if we want a free flowing game, then we have to live with dodgy decisions. If we want to be beneficiaries of top six decisions, then we have to work our way into that echellon.

There's loads of stoppages in football. If it was done with competence, the review would be done behind the scenes and fed back to the ref, without the need for that ridiculous spectacle of going over to a small TV on the touchline.

Austin was understandably miffed, but looking at the pictures, theres certainly a fair case for the Southampton player being called for interfering with play.The fact that he slanted his body backwards to avoid contact with the ball is interference because Watfords keeper would surely have seen this if he was following the ball, which of course he was. Lets face it,if Austin had 'scored' against Everton in that situation, we would all be moaning.

It will start being used soon enough simply because of the amount of money the game generates these days. Personally, I like the injustice of a poor decision and all the post-match moaning that goes with it. I find that to be part of the entertainment of Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.