V.A.R

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of VAR if they still can't get it right. Kane was clearly offside when given the penalty v Chelsea in the League Cup semi-final.
Peter Walton, discussing it on ESPN on Thursday said it wasn't clear either way. The still pic' showed that Kane's head and much of his upper body
were over the guide line. My understanding is that if any part of the body that can be used to score is past either of the last two defenders, it's offside.
This wasn't even close in terms of being able to get it right.

Last edited:
Blatant pen on Jesus in the Burton game aswell, checked by VAR, nothing given! It should of been a pen. It was 4-0 i think at the time so maybe they felt sorry for Burton..

I don't want VAR tbh

If it takes as long as current celebrations anyway then I have no problem with that tbh. Can easily be done by the 4th official where most will take about 3 secs to review.
The one tonight took what felt like three minutes for them to look at a lad that was microscopically offside after about ten replays. Not convinced by Var.

Getting ridiculous now. Why aren’t they looking at every challenge on the halfway line,cos that could change the game as well. As usual the FA have to play by their own rules, supposed to be for obvious mistakes not to stop the game at every opportunity

Every offside by definition is clear & obvious, its in the regulations.

I don't get the issue with last night, got two incredibly tight decisions correct that could easily have gone the other way (one did) with the naked eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.