Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Ismailov's actual business background though?

Has he has any position within USM or elsewhere?

It's one thing to have him on the board, but if he doesn't bring any specific acumen / background, then how is he going to able to contribute to any decisions regarding strategic direction of the club?

We criticise the football side for retaining ex-players on cosy contracts, how is this any different?

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt of course, but we need experienced, hand-on directors.

More numbers on the board that are obviously from the Moshiri / Usmanov side are welcome of course, we need unity.

But still, its professional expertise we need on the board.

It's a million miles from the likes of Bryan Gilvary who was mooted for a position years ago. The problem there is that people who have cut their teeth like him aren't going to keep quiet whilst the club is being run sideways or backwards.

I guess at least Ismailov might be brought on board to do something similar, but we need active oversight + industry experience.

He has a law degree, worked as advisor to the commercial director at Mettaloinvest and he's completely transforming the women's team.

It still would have been a complete mess.

You only have to go down there on any day to see that.
BM is just a mile further on is that going to be a mess? -
The KD would have been ours entirely the roadways plus tube trains ferry etc a whole different complex to what you are comparing now Apples & Pears....

Gregg was in it purely for the concerts, as soon as it fell through he was off ..... the area was less cramped the BM is going to be ......

The Red lot were as jelous as hell over KD.... BK blew it for the sake of 40 million ....

The plans went through - look what we could have had an age ago - if Moshrii & Usmanov had have been around then if only -

BM is just a mile further on is that going to be a mess? -
The KD would have been ours entirely the roadways plus tube trains ferry etc a whole different complex to what you are comparing now Apples & Pears....

Gregg was in it purely for the concerts, as soon as it fell through he was off ..... the area was less cramped the BM is going to be ......

The Red lot were as jelous as hell over KD.... BK blew it for the sake of 40 million ....

The plans went through - look what we could have had an age ago - if Moshrii & Usmanov had have been around then if only -

My missus works near BM, its nothing compared to the cluster fudge that the Albert Dock is.

I mean dont get me wrong, it was a massive missed opportunity for the club, but I reckon it would have been hell getting to and from the ground, dont forget, theres not many residential areas near, so EVERYBODY would have been using some form of transport, no walk ups like at Goodison for example.

My missus works near BM, its nothing compared to the cluster fudge that the Albert Dock is.

I mean dont get me wrong, it was a massive missed opportunity for the club, but I reckon it would have been hell getting to and from the ground, dont forget, theres not many residential areas near, so EVERYBODY would have been using some form of transport, no walk ups like at Goodison for example.
I agree to some extent, in that Kings Dock could've been chaos. But I think BM is possibly worse. There are to my knowledge 2 directions out of BM. Along the Dockroad towards Millers Bridge, the furthest point you can go in that direction, or into town. Obviously from either direction you can travel inwards into the surrounding areas of Derby road and vauxhaul road. But its similar to KD in that respect, except further away from town centre, and the other side of the Strand which you will have to negotiate if you are coming from the south.

I have not read up on the full transport plans for BM, and I assume/hope it addresses a lot of the issues RE roads. But the work that has been done on the adjacent roads recently has only really been much needed maintenance to 1 of the worst surfaces in the city, and hasn't really begun to address anything in regards to access in or out.

I'm sure there is a suitable plan in place for it to be given approval, but I'm on the sceptical side while watching with interest at the developments.

BM is installed smaller location plus those houses apartments would never have took off next to a massive stadia.......we will have to make the best of BM - I see BK has been moved over to be in charge of it ......... the development etc what possibly go wrong :D

Yep if we had the Kings Dock stadia - they may have invested in us - thanks BK -- 40 million short he would not get another investor etc his train set,.....

Cost us imo....

It could have been very different if he had not had that dispute with the other share holder. BK messed up their because he wanted to remain a as the fat controller.

Rumour has it Ismailov has come across very impressively by those in and around football.

I mean I think the real significance is the guy who's likely to directly inherit a large portion of Usmanov's wealth is becoming more centrally involved at Everton.

Does Uzzy have any kids?

Hope he leaves all his billions to this young Uzbek buck

He has a law degree, worked as advisor to the commercial director at Mettaloinvest and he's completely transforming the women's team.
In-house gigs arranged by his uncle. Not unexpected with someone of his background. If he is appointed to the board I'll wait to see what change he brings about, though someone whose career is based on nepotism is unlikely to be particularly reformist in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.