Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - pop concerts at our ground the place is booming with tourist - a great success as a club we voted to go there .... alls BK needed was 40 million to get an investor .... imo he let us down big time - the echo arena sits there now with museums etc etc its booming .... Thanks BK .....

Imagine trying to get to that Stadium, its a frigging nightmare just driving past these days.

What is Ismailov's actual business background though?

Has he has any position within USM or elsewhere?

It's one thing to have him on the board, but if he doesn't bring any specific acumen / background, then how is he going to able to contribute to any decisions regarding strategic direction of the club?

We criticise the football side for retaining ex-players on cosy contracts, how is this any different?

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt of course, but we need experienced, hand-on directors.

More numbers on the board that are obviously from the Moshiri / Usmanov side are welcome of course, we need unity.

But still, its professional expertise we need on the board.

It's a million miles from the likes of Bryan Gilvary who was mooted for a position years ago. The problem there is that people who have cut their teeth like him aren't going to keep quiet whilst the club is being run sideways or backwards.

I guess at least Ismailov might be brought on board to do something similar, but we need active oversight + industry experience.

It's one thing to have him on the board, but if he doesn't bring any specific acumen / background, then how is he going to able to contribute to any decisions regarding strategic direction of the club?

We criticise the football side for retaining ex-players on cosy contracts, how is this any different?

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt of course, but we need experienced, hand-on directors.

More numbers on the board that are obviously from the Moshiri / Usmanov side are welcome of course, we need unity.

It's a million miles from the likes of Bryan Gilvary who was mooted for a position years ago. The problem there is that people who have cut their teeth like him aren't going to keep quiet whilst the club is being run sideways or backwards.

I guess at least Ismailov might be brought on board to do something similar, but we need active oversight + industry experience.

Rumour has it Ismailov has come across very impressively by those in and around football.

I mean I think the real significance is the guy who's likely to directly inherit a large portion of Usmanov's wealth is becoming more centrally involved at Everton.

He seems to be well thought of. This from 6 Months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.