Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
£30m on a naming rights option. LOL. You've got to laugh. Anyone questioning Uncle Izzie's involvement after that is perhaps a little naive.

The main question for me at the moment is how far we can push this without getting rumbled by FFP. I've heard people, who seemed to have some legal knowledge, suggest that the rulings would be extremely unlikely to stand in a 'real' court.

Either way, people with Moshiri & Usmanov's wealth are masters of exploiting loopholes. I'm sure they'll continue to worm their way through it and keep dragging us out of the dirt.
These cats will be 3 steps ahead of everybody that ever comes for them.

The stadium naming-rights option is probably at the limit of what they can get away with under these "regulations".

Although Usmanov undoubtedly has involvement and influence, I still don't buy the idea that he is an active and still, silent, partner.

Perhaps the development of the stadium to fruition would finally bring things out into the open but that is still some time off.

At the moment, the commercial support is only small beer. It hasn't had any huge impact on our bottom-line.

This summer has shown that we do not have to spend vast amounts of money to improve our competitiveness. To sustain any sort of challenge though, and to invade the territory of the top six on a more or less permanent basis will take investment though.

If we can achieve some success and get the stadium built, then we have a platform to grow organically and build revenue and grow our fanbase. Until then really, I don't think very much changes. I don't see Usmanov spending any considerable amount of time pondering how he can "help". To me its still an arrangement between friends and business associates that brings us some benefit. No more, no less.

The stadium naming-rights option is probably at the limit of what they can get away with under these "regulations".

Although Usmanov undoubtedly has involvement and influence, I still don't buy the idea that he is an active and still, silent, partner.

Perhaps the development of the stadium to fruition would finally bring things out into the open but that is still some time off.

At the moment, the commercial support is only small beer. It hasn't had any huge impact on our bottom-line.

This summer has shown that we do not have to spend vast amounts of money to improve our competitiveness. To sustain any sort of challenge though, and to invade the territory of the top six on a more or less permanent basis will take investment though.

If we can achieve some success and get the stadium built, then we have a platform to grow organically and build revenue and grow our fanbase. Until then really, I don;t think very much changes. I don't see Usmanov spending any considerable amount of time pondering how he can "help". To me its still an arrangement bewtween friends and business associates that brings us some benefit. No more, no less.
The various USM sponsorship deals are the biggest commercial deals we have ever signed.

Im not sure you can consider them small beer.

The various USM sponsorship deals are the biggest commercial deals we have ever signed.

Im not sure you can consider them small beer.

They are small beer in the overall context of the teams we aspire to compete with.

Very welcome nonetheless, but they don't threaten the status quo in itself, and the elite-engineered FFP rules seek to ensure we never threaten.

If Usmanov had free rein to "sponsor", we'd see far bigger deals I'm sure.

Still need a sleeve sponsor comrade USM

100% waited to expose the brand. We’ve now done that with the statement signings and start we’ve had.

If we don’t get a good enough one would he shocked to see us not go with USM, Megafon tbh, especially as the latter is on the training shirts.

They are small beer in the overall context of the teams we aspire to compete with.

Very welcome nonetheless, but they don't threaten the status quo in itself, and the elite-engineered FFP rules seek to ensure we never threaten.

If Usmanov had free rein to "sponsor", we'd see far bigger deals I'm sure.
We can't suddenly jump from £7 mil a year shirt sponsor to £100 mil. It's about market prices and value. Everton are not at Manu levels yet. It has to be increased steadily..

We can't suddenly jump from £7 mil a year shirt sponsor to £100 mil. It's about market prices and value. Everton are not at Manu levels yet. It has to be increased steadily..

Yes, that's the in-built limitation. Regardless of Usmanov's long-term intentions towards Everton, he is constrained until we get revenue streams up.
Already, the Cazoo deal looks very prematurely agreed, bearing in mind James' exposure and our great start. We could have doubled that and it would still be modest by comparison.

There is a limit to the accounting creativity to get round FFP, we may have to look to contest that directly in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.