Up For The Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd like us to win it but wouldn't seriously entertain the possibility until we got to the final.

I think the semis are single-leg ties as well this year(?), drawn home or away, so home draw would be big, IF we got that far.

But we have to win games first.

I think the draw would have to be kind to us as well and try and avoid a top six side until the final, maybe that's unrealistic. It would be asking a lot to draw and beat more than one of them, that's just my in-built pessimism.

Get to the final and we have a decent chance with a bit of luck and the right attitude on the day.

We should be up for the cups every year, we always were until we were told to accept mediocrity by the club and the press, and younger fans knew no better.

We're Everton aren't we! We'll all do well to remember that, and always demand and strive to be better. We earned our place at the top table.

I saw something on twitter last night, Everton are going to go and win this cup, in front of no fans at Wembley
How do people feel about this. It’s pretty gutting isn’t it. I know it’s no ones fault, I go to nearly every single game home and away every year and have done since the mid 80s. I think it would be one of the most gutted I’ve ever been watching us lift the trophy at Wembley and none of us be allowed in to see it. Although I believe tens of thousands would still go to London and Wembley that weekend

We need to get a big club next round if we get through like City or the other lot as they will put a 2nd string out .....Oh.......
As soon as the semi-finals come the top teams play the strongest side.....

Status
Not open for further replies.