Unfair refereeing and Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we were better in the first half than in the second, I'd say we were clearly the better team on the second half display alone. Fellaini's disallowed goal was a nice piece of play and Anichebe's disallowed goal would have made us comfortable. I realise that the offside decision on Fellaini was close though he was onside, but Anichebe's goal looked to me to be well over the line on first view, and this was confirmed beyond all doubt on seeing the replays.

Having said that, the defending for Newcastle's goals was poor. Howard's positioning for the first was bad, and he was at fault with the second. Heitinga should start on Saturday against Swansea and we need a better back up goalie than Mucha.

The game is played at such a fast pace. Decisions are split second, and subject to human error. Of course we dont like it when a decision goes against us. Don't blame the refs, blame FIFA for not acting sooner. Maybe they weren't offered enough of a "sweetener" (allegedly) by the tech companies to go for it earlier, but they have to now.

Think everyone has been saying that for at least a decade.

No way did we bottle it. The lads kept going. We made mistakes but that doesn't mean we bottled it. If we'd have let them roll us over completely like they threatened to do at the start of the second half then you could have claimed that we bottled it. At the end of the day we should have won because we worked hard and created chances, yes we should have taken more of those chances but we were robbed. We didn't bottle it.

You have to look at the time and score of the game for when the goals got wrongly disallowed. The game was at 1-1, those two goals would have put Newcastle to bed and we wouldnt be sitting here now moaning about Howard flapping or Distin and Jagielka getting bullied.

If Pienaar would have squared to Osman instead of shootin at the end of the 1st half we would have went in 2-0 an prob would have won the game in my eyes......yes the linesman needs beatin for his mistakes but to be fair the chances we had in the first half we could have been out of sight

Did you see some of Osman's other shots? He clearly would have missed.

We were the better team, we deserved to win, we should of been better defensively but you have to hold the Officials accountable when there are Two legitimate goals disallowed, that's just mad poor quality of officiating.

Was this guy refereeing?:

moreno_byron.jpg

ngyAu.png

The ball is still on the line.

You can see the line running just to the right of the post and it intersects the ball.

If you look below the post it is clear the line extends to the right of the post and then runs up and through the ball.

Too bad they didn't have a goal line tech trial going on for the match. It would have been a good test. I think figuring out some way to review offsides would be more beneficial. I'm not sure how you would make it work without disturbing the flow of the game but blown offsides calls affect lots more matches.

ngyAu.png

The ball is still on the line.

You can see the line running just to the right of the post and it intersects the ball.

If you look below the post it is clear the line extends to the right of the post and then runs up and through the ball.

Too bad they didn't have a goal line tech trial going on for the match. It would have been a good test. I think figuring out some way to review offsides would be more beneficial. I'm not sure how you would make it work without disturbing the flow of the game but blown offsides calls affect lots more matches.

You serious? There was clear daylight between the ball and the line on tv.

You serious? There was clear daylight between the ball and the line on tv.

Yes. Based on that photo, which is just a zoom from the one posted in the match thread. Like I said before I had a low res feed for the broadcast but it didn't look entirely over there as well. If someone has a photo with clear daylight please post it.

Yes. Based on that photo, which is just a zoom from the one posted in the match thread. Like I said before I had a low res feed for the broadcast but it didn't look entirely over there as well. If someone has a photo with clear daylight please post it.

It was in. No one has disputed that it was in. Sky footage showed it clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.