Everton and Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claretmacca

Player Valuation: £150k
Posted at the time you appointed him that this was a master stroke. And tonight (and since he came in) he showed exactly why he was such a good appointment.

Organised, disciplined, aggressive and above all plays to his sides strengths, knows how to exploit opposition weaknesses and get the best out of his own players. Inevitable that Keane would step up tonight and we literally didn't have a sniff.

The reality is, points deduction or not we were never in a relegation battle with Everton and wish (especially) Dyche and the ex Burnley lads all the best. You will continue to progress under this manager, no doubt.

That was the worse I have seen us play this season and that's simply because of how Dyche set you up.

Up the clarets.

Posted at the time you appointed him that this was a master stroke. And tonight (and since he came in) he showed exactly why he was such a good appointment.

Organised, disciplined, aggressive and above all plays to his sides strengths, knows how to exploit opposition weaknesses and get the best out of his own players. Inevitable that Keane would step up tonight and we literally didn't have a sniff.

The reality is, points deduction or not we were never in a relegation battle with Everton and wish (especially) Dyche and the ex Burnley lads all the best. You will continue to progress under this manager, no doubt.

That was the worse I have seen us play this season and that's simply because of how Dyche set you up.

Up the clarets.
How come you guys boo’d McNeil in the cup game. What did he do wrong?

Up the clarets.
I remember a couple of Burnley lads saying this when he came in
I had full confidence he’d keep us up comfortably and make us hard to beat but I’m actually loving our attacking play too. He’s the full package and we’re on an incredible run

Up the clarets.
A bit early for the ‘told you so’, but its looking good currently.

How come you guys boo’d McNeil in the cup game. What did he do wrong?
I didn't attend that game and couldn't make tonight either so watched from TV (usually attend every home and away game - happen done me a favour missing these two games!)

Honestly no idea. Bizarrely he was never a fan favourite despite coming through the ranks and playing consistently well for 100+ premier league games at such a young age. I think it's likely a minority and presumably because some felt he didn't put in the effort or performances when we went down and then left. But genuinely no idea. All clubs tend to have 'em I guess. But we will likely cheer Maxwell Cornet as an example who played a fraction of the games for us and left at the same time!

A bit early for the ‘told you so’, but its looking good currently.
Said it multiple times nearly a year ago tbf. I'd have bumped that thread but it's closed for some reason.

Excellent appointment and just watch how you progress when he is properly backed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 19.48.22.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 19.48.22.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 15
Said it multiple times nearly a year ago tbf. I'd have bumped that thread but it's closed for some reason.

Excellent appointment and just watch how you progress when he is properly backed.
Your screenshot there from the Burnley forum reminds me of when we had Moyes at Everton. Some would just always hate him no matter what...and some defended him, no matter what.
You're right I think he does change small things based on who we're playing. He's messed up big time quite a few times but he's learning, we don't often get beat the same way twice.
Burnley's season is so frustrating because last season it looked like a team was coming up who would be a good addition, bring in some quality and clear out someone who's been surviving without deserving it (no, not Everton, more like Soton last year or that godforsaken Watford experiment). It was meant to be like Brentford or Brighton, or Wigan and Reading those first times they came into the PL, and its ended up in a right mess and I feel for you.
Dyche has flaws, no doubt, but no worse than all those "global names" like Pep or Klap or Pochettinho.
Kompany has done a great job and he must be sleeping badly because I can't see why it's not working this year. Just quality maybe, or confidence, but he can't prepare for that. I feel for him a bit. To come out half awake and give Everton a head start was pretty much suicide tonight, he can't prepare for this sort of thing. Everton are fighting hard, we're playing like it's already April and the Burnley players should have known this.
I wish we had the money to see what Dyche would do in a transfer window, but hey, the man is doing great with what he has.

A blackburn fan of all people told me after we had sacked benetiz, that we should go for dyche. Said he was the perfect fit for us, he would get us organised, fit and work hard for the shirt. All the things he said as Everton fans we demand. I disagreed at the time….he’s been messaging me again tonight.

Up the clarets.
I absolutely didn't want him at the time mate.

There were two fundamental reasons I didn't want him. The 2nd one is still possibly vaguely valid, but I had already changed my mind on him by the summer.

1) I didn't think Everton had any possible way of surviving and, that being the case, in our financial situation I figured Bielsa (who was the other choice) would be better suited to rebuilding us and working with younger players etc

2) We have supposedly been implementing a common way of playing since Thelwell came in as our DOF and I didn't see how Dyche fit with that strategy (since his football is a fairly significant deviation from what we'd had before him).

Both of these were pretty ignorant of me. The first one especially. Dyche has already shown how willing he is to use younger players here and my perception here was based on nothing other than how the media portrays him. The 2nd one you could argue might be more valid, but if we are honest, Dyche's style of being direct, pressing, being a threat from set pieces and getting the crowd involved suits us far better as a fanbase.

I'd already come to the conclusion by the summer that I was really wrong. It almost gets overlooked now, but we should have built a statue of him after he kept us up anyway as I wouldn't have backed a single manager in the world to do it at that point.

In either case, from the first ball we kicked this season, the progression has been evident. We've played properly poorly in the league once. If you add in the context of just how bad we've been for the previous two years, the difficulty of managing morale after the points deduction and the off-field chaos we've got going on, the job he's done is frankly ridiculous.

A blackburn fan of all people told me after we had sacked benetiz, that we should go for dyche. Said he was the perfect fit for us, he would get us organised, fit and work hard for the shirt. All the things he said as Everton fans we demand. I disagreed at the time….he’s been messaging me again tonight.
My dad wanted Dyche the minute he was sacked by Burnley. We had Ancelotti I think, and he wanted him out, Dyche in. He reminds me about it daily.

Honestly no idea. Bizarrely he was never a fan favourite despite coming through the ranks and playing consistently well for 100+ premier league games at such a young age. I think it's likely a minority and presumably because some felt he didn't put in the effort or performances when we went down and then left. But genuinely no idea. All clubs tend to have 'em I guess. But we will likely cheer Maxwell Cornet as an example who played a fraction of the games for us and left at the same time!
It’s known as Davies syndrome.

Your screenshot there from the Burnley forum reminds me of when we had Moyes at Everton. Some would just always hate him no matter what...and some defended him, no matter what.
You're right I think he does change small things based on who we're playing. He's messed up big time quite a few times but he's learning, we don't often get beat the same way twice.
Burnley's season is so frustrating because last season it looked like a team was coming up who would be a good addition, bring in some quality and clear out someone who's been surviving without deserving it (no, not Everton, more like Soton last year or that godforsaken Watford experiment). It was meant to be like Brentford or Brighton, or Wigan and Reading those first times they came into the PL, and its ended up in a right mess and I feel for you.
Dyche has flaws, no doubt, but no worse than all those "global names" like Pep or Klap or Pochettinho.
Kompany has done a great job and he must be sleeping badly because I can't see why it's not working this year. Just quality maybe, or confidence, but he can't prepare for that. I feel for him a bit. To come out half awake and give Everton a head start was pretty much suicide tonight, he can't prepare for this sort of thing. Everton are fighting hard, we're playing like it's already April and the Burnley players should have known this.
I wish we had the money to see what Dyche would do in a transfer window, but hey, the man is doing great with what he has.
Unfortunately many of us saw it in summer.

Most fans would've have accepted being in the position we are now with the team that brought us up.

However for some reason we invested where we didn't need (multiple wingers when that was one of if not our strongest area) and didn't where we did (left back, up top and centre mid).

Dropping Muric who kept 22 clean sheets, was integral to our play and is only 23 himself for an untested 21 year old keeper made no sense. Dropping our best wingers who earn the right to start the season. Not getting Bellis back on loan who was available and went to Southampton and spending money on O'Shea who isn't the right type of player for Kompany's style all made no sense. We upset the players who had got us up and put the new young lads in the spotlight on day one vs city.

It's not even hindsight. Just the most bizarre transfer window after the best ever season imaginable last year!

We will still back and stick with the manager. But it seems like we have wasted a golden opportunity. (The last time that happened was NOT backing Dyche after he got us to 7th!)

Status
Not open for further replies.