Underwhelming Everton players that you loved #2: Denis Stracqualursi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only bit I'd disagree with is the underwhelming tag. He was never expected to do much in all fairness to him.

I absolutely love Denis. I was lucky enough to be there for most of his big games and they were all under the lights and the place was absolutely rocking.

The ovation he got when he came off against city could probably be heard at city. His goal against Chelski was celebrated like an FA Cup winner and when he tried to head the ball six inches off the floor while the defender was about to boot it you could literally feel the whole ground fall in love with him.

I'm still gutted we didn't keep him. For those few games he lifted the whole club out the doldrums through sheer effort.

Perhaps he weren't that great but compared to what we were getting off Saha he was a giant.

I'd love him back.

Edit - The only player who could have single handedly done that to Kompany and Lescott would have been the big man himself.

He's definitely a personal hero.

If there ever was a player that I'd feel okay about the club willing to pay maybe 20,000£ week just to see him do one or two appearances per year it'd be him.
Heart and determination, through and through.

Enjoyed Stracula.

Totally agree he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. He was taking down meteors before Felli was and never had one meme or picture made about it!! Neat and tidy plus he's fantastic in the air. Plus you don't score the goals he has throughout your career if you don't know how to slot.

Right, I might touch myself to the pic of him for a while, something about it is so wrong. Better than masturbating over skinny girls in bikinis! Although my missus always complains it ruins our trips to the beech.

fanks siki

Great write up. I think any Evertonian will have a smile on their face when the name Stracqualursi is mentioned in a few years time.

I wouldn't have been surprised if we had kept him, he was a very useful player when he was used as a late substitution to take the pressure off. I think he would have been a very useful addition to call upon in such circumstances.

I wouldn't have been surprised if we had kept him, he was a very useful player when he was used as a late substitution to take the pressure off. I think he would have been a very useful addition to call upon in such circumstances.

I think we probably would have kept him if we had more money to do so. As it is we cant really afford to have him as a back up I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.