Underwhelming Everton players that you loved #2: Denis Stracqualursi

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sadness over Denis was him spending half a season living the dream and half sat on the bench watching Saha offering neither effort or goals. Boy we could have done with him cheering us up during those dark pre xmas days. Besides the city game, another good memory was watching him get nothing all evening out of zat knight, in a swirling wind, but never giving up, gamely challenging for every hoof that was launched his way.

I'd like to have seen him get a little run out at wembley, knowing what that would have meant to him, but that's just heart over head stuff, some players do that to you, don't they?

Great piece, the last of the Dogs of War.... fitting that his performance against City ushered in the new era of Jelavic and co.

Legend Denis!

After reading the letter he wrote, I wanted to organise a fan response. Tweeted and mailed the club about it but got no reply.

Although he wasnt easy on the eye, he worked his balls off and after watching Saha for the previous months, that meant a hell of a lot.

If I was the GM of a MLS team, a guy like Straq would be someone I'd want as my DP. He'd score 20 there and the fans would love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.