Underwhelming Everton players that you loved #2: Denis Stracqualursi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent stuff :)

I think that day, from the game against City to the signings of Jelavic and Pienaar could be looked on as a pivotal moment in our history especially if we do go on to achieve a top 4 finish and/or bag the FA Cup and Denis Stracqualursi could be a key reason. The effort he put in for a man with limited talent was brilliant.

Too many players these days jsut don't have the heart or graft to go with their god given talent. It was all the better for the fact that Jelavic, an unknown quantity to the Premier League watched on that evening and sampled how wonderful Goodison Park is when the fans can see the players put a full shift in. Especially playing against the champions elect he must have thought 'I can get a bagfull in this league'. Also I think that is why we have reverted Felli into the 2nd striker role.

I will always look back on Staq's time at Goodison with a smile as during a period when we looked to be heading nowhere he gave a never say die 'fan on the pitch attitude' set of performances to lift the gloom and light the touch paper to put us back in amongst the top sides.

Thanks Denis :)

While not the most talented, the Stracman will always be a favourite purely for the shift he put in. The City game will live long in the memory.

Just watching that game now...All you can here is Moyesey!

'G'wan Dennis, G'wan Dennis, Pass...PASS DENNIS PASS, Good Dennis, TIM...TIIIIM Give it to Phil...PHIL, Good Phil, TACKLE TACKLE PASS IT'

He was limited, but he saved our season through his sheer enthusiasm and forced everyone else to up their effort.

He was a catalyst, pure and simple. The last Everton Dog of War.

he wasn't technically as bad as alot of people make out, wins aload of flick ons, holds the ball up, brings others in to play pretty well, he was never going to be a prolific goal scorer but i think we should of brought him for his sheer determination and effort. he drove other players on when games were fading and what a phenomenal work rate, i love the guy.

I love reading this after seeing Zlatan, one of the most gracious forwards score 3 exceptional...1 absolutely unbelievable goals haha! Big love for Denis though, wish I got him on the back of the shirt that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.