Travel and accom. for semi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on driving down and getting to Harrow for 11. I'll be ready and out about 12 so I don't know where people will be going. I know of all the pubs around our side of the stadium but will they be strict on numbers? Where else would be a good place to start the day? I don't wanna end up with United fans

2009 we where in a big pub near dollis hill tube before game that was great don't know the name but it was bouncing with blues
Against the rs was diff a club above JJ moons 9 in morn everyone ballooned was weird
We going Friday am staying sat as well(hanwell) is there a meet up for got or anyone booked a place for Friday or before game on sat just for fellow blues to meet up

Were getting on the 12pm train from Chesterfield gets us into kings cross just before 2pm and then the underground to wembley, anyone else on the same train?

I'm on the 06:45 train to Euston saturday morning, hotel booked nr Earls Court saturday night, after the match, tube to Covent Garden for a few beers !
Train home sunday afternoon.

Anybody going down without a ticket? I was going to, still may, but when I read on here that local pubs couldn't show the game I started having doubts.
I believe they do say they aren't showing the game but they do.. when I went down vs Liverpool without a ticket, they closed the pub 20 mins before kick off, waited for some crowds to disappear then re-opened at kick off. (green man, not sure we have this pub this year though).
if that helps you at all.

I believe they do say they aren't showing the game but they do.. when I went down vs Liverpool without a ticket, they closed the pub 20 mins before kick off, waited for some crowds to disappear then re-opened at kick off. (green man, not sure we have this pub this year though).
if that helps you at all.
We don't have that side of pubs this year. Was there many Evertonians

Watford Friday and Saturday with me arl fella jurys inn I guarantee I get collared for the couch bed

Me and the Old Man usually stay at the Jurys Inn Watford. This time however, we went to book it and in the time it took for us to confirm the room it had doubled in price. So, we're staying a mile down the road for £80 the room.

Luckily for myself and the lads I'm going with, I live bang on the jubilee line down here. To any of you looking for places to stay - I'd massively recommend looking at hotels or Airbnb on the jubilee line, north west.

Somewhere around Baker Street - St Johns Wood (could visit Abbey Road if you were so inclined) - Swiss Cottage - Finchley Road - West Hampstead - Kilburn - Willesden Green stretch of jubilee line would put you about a 15 minute tube ride to Wembley Park, which is the easiest station from which to get to Wembley.

Also I'm sure you're all aware but there's no where to bevvy round Wembley, so we're gonna be drinking pre-match in Willesden Green at my local moody Irish pub, Angies. Zero London hipsters and £3 a Guinness. Any GOT member who wish to join us would be more than welcome.

One more thing while I think on - wherever you book your hotels, make sure you consult a tube map or underground jrney planner before you do and see how easy your journey is going to be.

Due to the unique way the London Underground is mapped out, you can be geographically very close to somewhere but it's still a nightmare to get there via public transport (for example I live less than 2miles from Notting Hill, but it takes about 50minutes to get there if you take the tube).

The two underground stops with easy access to Wembley are Wembley Park on the jubilee line (the most direct) and Wembley Central on the bakerloo line (still gets you there but a bit of a walk). I'd try and put yourselves within easy access of the jubilee or bakerloo line to make life easier.

Oh and don't bother staying in Wembley. There's nothing there and it's an utter dump.

Hope that helps folks.

Me and the Old Man usually stay at the Jurys Inn Watford. This time however, we went to book it and in the time it took for us to confirm the room it had doubled in price. So, we're staying a mile down the road for £80 the room.

Tried to book the village inn in Watford checked price last Friday spoke to me arl fella at the game next day and told me to book it that night it had doubled didn't expect it to double until the Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.