Travel and accom. for semi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeks and weeks ago I bought Advanced Virgin return tickets when I thought we were playing Palace on the 23rd.

The return ticket is for a little after 8pm from Euston. But Virgin said recently there's no late trains on that date.

I should be able to get refunded for that right?
Thats still on mate just doesn't give you much time to get back to euston.
if extra time pens you have no chance

I am in the same boat time wise. Would prefer somewhere like this if I get a ticket but want to be in central London to make something of the weekend if I don't get a ticket
Its A tough call, in 2011 I had a ticket and a mate of mine who lives just north of london was unsure what he was going to do. I got on with the day and went to the ground half an hour before the game, he rang as I was inside said he had turned up and was gonna try his hand with a tout, it worked for him and he got in, problem would of been 2 things it could of been fake and he'd of been in a area where he apparently couldnt of watched the game in any of the local pubs, he got lucky I suppose.

I'm currently working away and am booked to fly back to London from China the day before the semi. Nothing like cutting it fine! It's my lad's 6th birthday on the actual day of the semi final as well and the missus isn't too impressed that I'm going to miss it, especially after being away for 7 weeks. But like I told her, it's Everton, and I'm sure when he's older he'll understand...

if i remember rightly a few people i spoke to (after the wembley 2012 derby) who didn't have tickets, stayed in the green man to watch the match...think it was like a lock in scenario whereby they weren't letting others in 15 minutes before kick off. could be wrong and it was second hand info at the time.

what i do remember though is going up to covent garden with some mates to escape the horror of losing to them lot, only to walk into a club and hearing about 20 odd pissed up blues singing the jelavic song. actually saw quite a few blues out in covent garden that night. didn't see one red. you would have thought that we would have won that day.

guarantee with wembley visits...even if the result is rubbish, the pre and post match day out is awesome anyway. a mate travelled down with us once, not even a blue, he didn't have a ticket so didn't watch the match and he loved every minute of it. if i didn't have a ticket i would still go down...atmosphere around wembley prematch is up there with the best,

if i remember rightly a few people i spoke to (after the wembley 2012 derby) who didn't have tickets, stayed in the green man to watch the match...think it was like a lock in scenario whereby they weren't letting others in 15 minutes before kick off. could be wrong and it was second hand info at the time.

what i do remember though is going up to covent garden with some mates to escape the horror of losing to them lot, only to walk into a club and hearing about 20 odd pissed up blues singing the jelavic song. actually saw quite a few blues out in covent garden that night. didn't see one red. you would have thought that we would have won that day.

guarantee with wembley visits...even if the result is rubbish, the pre and post match day out is awesome anyway. a mate travelled down with us once, not even a blue, he didn't have a ticket so didn't watch the match and he loved every minute of it. if i didn't have a ticket i would still go down...atmosphere around wembley prematch is up there with the best,

That semi we got touch lucky, as we booked a hotel back in the previous November going to a gig, we stayed in the hilton literally facing Wembley, and when it dawned that we may actually play the next day, it was insane. Saturday confirmed. We went out on the lash, with our newly inherited student loans, went into the bookies and stuck a tenner on Jelavic first goal at 8/1 I woke up in the morning a mess, Kendall was staying next to us, even more shocking, but went straight down the green man, and when Jelavic slotted, couldn't believe it... checked my betting slip, and i'd lobbed £50 on instead of £10 :lol: Never owned a £50 note in all my life, tried to be upset at losing... but it covered my season ticket that Jelavic goal.

Anyone tried it with touts last few times? If so, anyone give it like 5/10 minutes after kick off to buy off them, obviously slash their prices but anyone know by how much? I play footie in London, and if all our results go the right way will probably be playing a cup game there semi final morning so will be in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.