Travel and accom. for semi

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate is going to be cancelling at least one room (possibly two) Friday night and one room Saturday night at the Jurys inn Watford, I'll post in here when he does.

On a slightly different note, there's loads on in London for anyone who's making a weekend of it: marathon on Sunday morning and also a massive Shakespeare festival on the South Bank all weekend. (#thecompletewalk)

Staying in Ibis euston sat night, thinking of going to camden high st after game, any good? if not any suggestions

Just booked the Friday 22nd Saturday 23rd at a hotel in Watford city. Looking forward to this now, although already dreading the drive home on Sunday.

Would definitely recommend folk consider places on the Southern Railway into Wembley: Harrow, Watford, Hemel Hempstead. All less than 20 mins from Wembley on the train.
Is there one station to use in Watford that has a direct line to Wembley?

Watford high street goes overland direct to Wembley Central (back of stadium)
Watford"underground " is on the metropolitan line and most trains from there stop at Wembley Park which is right next to Wembley way front of stadium.
I would recommend overland from Watford high street, faster.

Watford high street goes overland direct to Wembley Central (back of stadium)
Watford"underground " is on the metropolitan line and most trains from there stop at Wembley Park which is right next to Wembley way front of stadium.
I would recommend overland from Watford high street, faster.
Are the 2 stations near each other? I'm headed for silver spoons also, would that change your plan of attack?

I've used the Watford underground to Wembley Park route on Metropolitan line a couple of times and found it pretty good. Watford is the first station on the line so you are guaranteed a seat. At the Wembley end you come out onto Wembley Way. Parking at Watford station is limited, but I've parked on local streets with no problem.

I've used the Watford underground to Wembley Park route on Metropolitan line a couple of times and found it pretty good. Watford is the first station on the line so you are guaranteed a seat. At the Wembley end you come out onto Wembley Way. Parking at Watford station is limited, but I've parked on local streets with no problem.
Are the 2 stations near each other? I'm headed for silver spoons also, would that change your plan of attack?
The underground line stop is a fair bit out of the town centre.watford high street is pretty central but at the other end of the town centre from Watford junction the main line station for Euston.
It is either or at the Watford end really because it is a few minutes walk between them.davmahers point about getting a seat on the underground train is a good one. At the Wembley end I do not think there is much in it. Wembley Park looks a little closer and you get the Wembley way walk up which is pretty good.

Making a bit of weekend out of it so going down on the Friday till the Sunday, any ideas on where to head to Friday night for a bit of a knees up? Be great to meet up with a load of blues! If we win Saturday night should be a belter as well!

The underground line stop is a fair bit out of the town centre.watford high street is pretty central but at the other end of the town centre from Watford junction the main line station for Euston.
It is either or at the Watford end really because it is a few minutes walk between them.davmahers point about getting a seat on the underground train is a good one. At the Wembley end I do not think there is much in it. Wembley Park looks a little closer and you get the Wembley way walk up which is pretty good.
A seat?! You're only talking 30 mins, I'm sure you'll be able to stand.

May come down and sit in the pub, even though have not got a ticket, oh well hopefully can celebrate afterwards or get pissed, either way happy days!!

Anyone looking for travel to Wembley?
Have two seats come available:

Depart - Village Hotel Huyton (0830 hours departure) - executive coach with toilet etc

Parking at Wembley

£35.00 per space

DM if interested

Status
Not open for further replies.