Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one of them two is that?

Either way. No idea.

I'm really expecting ins this week and will be legit fuming if there isn't.
It's got to be soon hasn't it? People keep banging on about the window being open until the end of August and that's true, but we play a PL game a fortnight Saturday.

Surely you want your business done before the actual season starts?

We're badly short in a few areas and we need need to stop fannying about and get a crack on.

Good player Ben Gibson. Got a friend whos a Boro fan and they absolutely love the lad up there, says he's brilliant. Id rather bring him in than someone like Vidic who is badly past it.
I agree but Gibson doesn't fit the criteria that Martinez say's he's looking for does he? He wants an experienced centre half "at the peak of his powers".

I agree but Gibson doesn't fit the criteria that Martinez say's he's looking for does he? He wants an experienced centre half "at the peak of his powers".

Agreed mate. But id still rather him than Vidic, Vidic is badly past it and would contribute just as much as Alcaraz and Distin did last Season.

Agreed mate. But id still rather him than Vidic, Vidic is badly past it and would contribute just as much as Alcaraz and Distin did last Season.
I'm with you, Gibson seems highly thought of and would be a terrific signing. Left footed as well which is a bonus as left footed centre halves are as rare as rocking horse poo.

Still hoping to see a solid link to a player who will improve the squad. Signing del (and rom and Barry last year) simply kept us from getting worse than we had been when we had them. I want that signing that will make us better.

Clev is nice, and a fine squad player - but he is no game changer. Much as I hope basic develops he is not pushing us forward at this point either.

I'm with you, Gibson seems highly thought of and would be a terrific signing. Left footed as well which is a bonus as left footed centre halves are as rare as rocking horse poo.
Fair enough to say he's highly thought of but how can you say he'd be a terrific signing if youve never seen him (i assume)

Says that Shangri-la is the best hotel in singapore....thats mental for starters.

Anyhow, whats Gibson like? Says in wiki hes steve gibsons nephew..lol.

Ben Gibson linked in the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-things-we-learned-arsenal-everton-stoke-city

" He [Martinez] wants and needs another big man at the back to complement Stones and Phil Jagielka, having released Sylvain Distin and Antolín Alcaraz. It will be remarkable if Stones stays and Martínez’s targets include Jonny Evans at Manchester United, Middlesbrough’s Ben Gibson and possibly the former Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic, now at Internazionale"

Heard good things about Gibson tbf but never seen him play

It's got to be soon hasn't it? People keep banging on about the window being open until the end of August and that's true, but we play a PL game a fortnight Saturday.

Surely you want your business done before the actual season starts?

We're badly short in a few areas and we need need to stop fannying about and get a crack on.

If we want the good start they bang on about then it has to be soon.

Otherwise it ain't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.