Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

We going to sign a big name?
image.jpg

Ben Gibson linked in the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-things-we-learned-arsenal-everton-stoke-city

" He [Martinez] wants and needs another big man at the back to complement Stones and Phil Jagielka, having released Sylvain Distin and Antolín Alcaraz. It will be remarkable if Stones stays and Martínez’s targets include Jonny Evans at Manchester United, Middlesbrough’s Ben Gibson and possibly the former Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic, now at Internazionale"

Heard good things about Gibson tbf but never seen him play
Thank you so much for providing an actual rumour.

Gibson is a good solid defender in the mould of Jags, but he is no John Stones though.

Newcastle are monitoring him but no chance he would goto them, doubt he would leave Middlesbrough this summer and Steve Gibson will not let him go cheaply.

I know it doesn't seem like it sometimes, but the transfer window doesn't really exist so that Sky, newspapers and footie forums can have exciting things to talk about. Well, it does partly, but mainly it's there for like, err, transfers, and all the noise about stuff which is never going to happen is just that, noise.

Once you come to terms with the fact that we'll be tenously linked with dozens of players each Summer but might actually only sign four or five, tops, then it becomes a lot more bearable and you can concentrate on the really important bits of the Summer, like scantily clad lasses (or lads ), beer and tagging @bizzaro into random posts.
I don't obsess over the transfer window as such, I just enjoy seeing us linked with players, no matter how tenuous. I like the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.