Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my best mates is a Boro fan, and he thinks that Gibson is a talented defender, but he is not of the ilk of Stones in that he can bring the ball out of play well. To put into a quote, my friend says "he can't pass for ----. One of the reasons we kept losing possession is because he kept long balling it. He used to be prone to diving in and giving away penalties but he's stopped that now. Very solid in the air, think of him as like Robert Huth but not as composed. About February, Gibson could do Prem easily but since then he has dipped. Talent is definitely there though, but he isn't ready yet."

From what I personally have seen, he'd be an ideal target as a long term replacement for Jagielka. He'd be good for that 3rd choice CB we're all banging on about, but he won't come cheap and Boro are unlikely to sell him for anything less than -quite- overpriced.

All we need is a solid defence. Defenders that do the basic stuff. Clear the ball, put tackles in and don't make silly mistakes.

One of my best mates is a Boro fan, and he thinks that Gibson is a talented defender, but he is not of the ilk of Stones in that he can bring the ball out of play well. To put into a quote, my friend says "he can't pass for ----. One of the reasons we kept losing possession is because he kept long balling it. He used to be prone to diving in and giving away penalties but he's stopped that now. Very solid in the air, think of him as like Robert Huth but not as composed. About February, Gibson could do Prem easily but since then he has dipped. Talent is definitely there though, but he isn't ready yet."

From what I personally have seen, he'd be an ideal target as a long term replacement for Jagielka. He'd be good for that 3rd choice CB we're all banging on about, but he won't come cheap and Boro are unlikely to sell him for anything less than -quite- overpriced.
Make a derisory bid in the media and say it's Boro's choice....that's how it's done isn't it??

Perhaps hes lookes good for england u21s between garbutt and stones?

we ideally need a tall commanding centre back who will just get rid of it imo, but we need that type to partner stones. i don't think we can go into the season with 4/5 of our centre backs being youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.