Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of cry babies in here tonight. We lost away from home to a freak own goal to a team determined to kick Richie off the park as long as they could get away with it. I admit that we aren't a top of the league side yet, but there's no need for the wholesale character assassination a lot of you think is the order of the day.

Lucas Digne was my MoM while none of our other players played badly in my opinion. I thought Seamus was excellent first half, and Richie played his usual strong game despite being chopped down with depressing regularity. I was happy to see Andre get a yellow for chopping Lamela down to size, if ever a player needs chopping down it's him lol. And I thought Anthony Gordon was great again. Kean showed that he has potential in the cameo he had. You can't win them all and a 1-0 defeat against Spurs at their place, to a freak own goal, isn't the end of the world so please stop acting like Klopps.
The way we were set up today we had maybe a 1% chance of three points. We were awful, we created no decent chances, again. We might have sneaked a draw, maybe, but so what? If that is the best we can do against a mid-table side in mediocre form then that is a cause for concern. I'm not sure what positives anybody could take from that performance, it was abject.

I'd hope we all know that. Where we all disagree is how come then he keeps playing Sigurddson?

I'm not going to pretend I know what the obvious alternative is. The point is that this team is several top class players away from challenging. Carlo knows that and it isn't going to happen over night. This problem isn't going to be solved on the training ground, it'll be solved in the transfer market.

Yeah but Coleman just wasted every opportunity when he got near their box and Digne wasted so many free kicks/corners with awful delivery. CBs didn't do much in corners either.
Digne's delivery was spot on.

He hit the right area almost every time , then its upto our forwards & particularly centre backs getting beat every time

How many headers did we win in their box ? Kane won most of them.

Digne is not the problem mate.

Digne's delivery was spot on.

He hit the right area almost every time , then its upto our forwards & particularly centre backs getting beat every time

How many headers did we win in their box ? Kane won most of them.

Digne is not the problem mate.
Didn't say he was 'the problem'. The problem is midfield but fullbacks have to offer more going forward too and that's true for Digne and Coleman today.

Loads of cry babies in here tonight. We lost away from home to a freak own goal to a team determined to kick Richie off the park as long as they could get away with it. I admit that we aren't a top of the league side yet, but there's no need for the wholesale character assassination a lot of you think is the order of the day.

Lucas Digne was my MoM while none of our other players played badly in my opinion. I thought Seamus was excellent first half, and Richie played his usual strong game despite being chopped down with depressing regularity. I was happy to see Andre get a yellow for chopping Lamela down to size, if ever a player needs chopping down it's him lol. And I thought Anthony Gordon was great again. Kean showed that he has potential in the cameo he had. You can't win them all and a 1-0 defeat against Spurs at their place, to a freak own goal, isn't the end of the world so please stop acting like Klopps.
What were you saying after the abject performance at Chelsea? Or Anfield? Same thing?

Players are going already, so the ruthlessness is there. Ancelotti is getting on whole, better results out of the squad, but you can't polish turd and we have some turd...

At least the context of our season has changed from relegation to an outside chance of Europe. Let's see what the transfer window brings!

Anyway Davies man of the match for me.
tenor.gif

Neither side created much, a draw would've been fair. The goal we conceded was unlucky. What's your point?
I can't be bothered finding your original p
The way we were set up today we had maybe a 1% chance of three points. We were awful, we created no decent chances, again. We might have sneaked a draw, maybe, but so what? If that is the best we can do against a mid-table side in mediocre form then that is a cause for concern. I'm not sure what positives anybody could take from that performance, it was abject.
The point being that we are, at the moment, a mid-table side in poor formourselves. So why not stop moaning and start thinking positive. This season has been over for a long time.

Yeah but Coleman just wasted every opportunity when he got near their box and Digne wasted so many free kicks/corners with awful delivery. CBs didn't do much in corners either.
Never mind that, what I want to know is why in the first half Coleman was positioned ahead of Davies.

I have no hesitation in saying this. I absolutely HATE this Everton team. Bunch of cowardly, terrified half-arsers just there to pick up an easy wage.
No spark, no nothing. Decent defence, decent forwards but zero creativity from midfield. That is where the game is won and lost. I honestly have nothing to encourage me about that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.