Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a typical Everton performance when we have a chance to achieve even remotely or when we come up against a side we believe are better than us. It's so frustrating. We have a squad full of cowards.

Awful deliveries on set pieces. Defensively okay but so much wasted.
Still better then a 3 mate. The problem is playing with no pace in the midfield not even out wide. Sigurdsson has to go i would give him away for free not worth the steam of poop

Just goes to show that people would probably be crying out for a midfield pairing of Holgate and Gordon out of this squad if given the chance. That’s how bad it’s gotten.

Well I’ll put it this way, we’ve have 4 different managers in the last few years with these youngsters coming through. In those years we’ve basically had no midfield aside from Gana. Very clear that those lads are no where near good enough for the first team, even with how bad we are already. Managers probably think give enough rope to the senior players to string themselves up and get them out the club. No point putting a young player in who’s no where good enough and exposing him on a global stage before his career has even really begun.

Well yes all fair. However I've seen Baningime play a handful of games for the first team, and he's never been that bad. Likewise, Gordon didn't get a look in under the previous manager. Managers can sometimes make easy choices over perhaps the right choice.

The Baningime point is more just to illustrate how bad players can be in games. It's not really a comment on him.

we genuinely need 3 starting CMs
I’m just fed up of it now to be honest. There is no reason to go to spurs and play like that, they are bang average. Everything about that display is on the players, not one of them were willing to stand up and be counted. Sickens me to think that team cost the best part of 250m. We are a shambles.
Gutless cowards no leadership no drive no spine. I can take losing but at least lose having a go. Why should we care if they don't? !!

One positive is that Carlo will know beyond a shadow of a doubt who he wants in this squad and where he needs to get rid. It'll be a slow process but he knows what he's doing - this is a man who knows the difference between players who are world class and those who aren't.

I'd hope we all know that. Where we all disagree is how come then he keeps playing Sigurddson?

One good outcome was nobody spent their money and travelled down there to watch that disgraceful display. Is Carlo ruthless? He had better be because there are an awful lot of players in the team and others on the books who need getting rid of. I do not know who is the driving force behind this club anymore. Another year or two in the wilderness I think.

Players are going already, so the ruthlessness is there. Ancelotti is getting on whole, better results out of the squad, but you can't polish turd and we have some turd...

At least the context of our season has changed from relegation to an outside chance of Europe. Let's see what the transfer window brings!

Anyway Davies man of the match for me.

Yep. But if you sign crap you get crap.

Walsh spunked a lot but Brands ain't coming out of this smelling of roses either as things stand. That squad has 30/40m players looking 3/4m players
this goes way beyond Brands and Walsh it goes right back to the inception of the premier league and how we failed to move with the times, from Phillip Carter to Peter Johnson and Kenwright, Ancelotti is the last chance saloon for this club, fail to back him and its game over, unless our custodians are actually already happy with mere survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.