Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I’m expecting much but if Allans heat map doesn’t look like this I’ll be disapppointed.

1CF65FC8-CD1C-413D-8428-F37AB7E75E5A.jpeg

...Leicester finished 13 points ahead of us last season and were around the top 4 for much of the competition. We were very much involved in the bottom half.

You are assuming our signings will not only bridge that gap but also get us in amongst the top 4. That’s fine for us as supporters, but I can understand why punters are much more underwhelmed by our signings. I think even the poll on here doesn’t have us competing top 4.

i love the optimism, it’ll be great if you’re right but we really need to get results before punters take us seriously.

Tbf we were above Leicester the season before, so if they can bridge the gap by more than 13 points in one season, why can't we do the reverse? They sold their captain last season too, only brought in tielemens and perez.

...Leicester finished 13 points ahead of us last season and were around the top 4 for much of the competition. We were very much involved in the bottom half.

You are assuming our signings will not only bridge that gap but also get us in amongst the top 4. That’s fine for us as supporters, but I can understand why punters are much more underwhelmed by our signings. I think even the poll on here doesn’t have us competing top 4.

i love the optimism, it’ll be great if you’re right but we really need to get results before punters take us seriously.
I get why pundits feel that way, and I tend to agree but then I look and for the 1st time in our life time(since Kendell)we have a Truly world class manager who been there and done that. A manager who has just signed us 2 players(James and Allan) who would come no where near us, wouldn’t even answer the phone.
A manager who seen our weakest point and reinforced it with not 1 but 3 1st choice players.
Im not sure our business is done, if we can get rid of some of the deadwood and most importantly change the mentality of the entire club, I think we are in for a very very good season. Also it’s about time we got some luck with injuries

I get why pundits feel that way, and I tend to agree but then I look and for the 1st time in our life time(since Kendell)we have a Truly world class manager who been there and done that. A manager who has just signed us 2 players(James and Allan) who would come no where near us, wouldn’t even answer the phone.
A manager who seen our weakest point and reinforced it with not 1 but 3 1st choice players.
Im not sure our business is done, if we can get rid of some of the deadwood and most importantly change the mentality of the entire club, I think we are in for a very very good season. Also it’s about time we got some luck with injuries

...fingers crossed, Matey.

Status
Not open for further replies.