Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...we’re a fair way off them based on last seasons form. We really need to show improvement rather than talk about being improved. I have no problem with their assessment at this point in time.
I disagree, Leicester have 1 striker who scores goals, we have 2. We now have a midfield and a world class player.
They got 9 points in the last 9 games last season.
Spurs could go one way or the other depending on Mourinho.
Both also have Europe andSpurs have 9 games in 22 days.

For the 1st time in a long time I feel we finally bought quality players in the right positions

Normally I'd not rush to throw new players into the starting XI, but let's be honest we have been terrible towards the end of last season and haven't really had a pre season - so what is the point with keeping the same heads?

All the new signings are fit. They are significantly better quality than some of the lads who had been starting recently, so get them in there. What have we got to lose? That defeat at Spurs last season was as limp a defeat as you could imagine, spineless. Surely Allan and Doucoure will offer a bit of steel in midfield. And even if only from the bench, Rodriguez can potentially give us a trick up our sleeve.

Or else we just do another usual cowardly performance. Amazing how we forget how crap were when a new season begins?

Heart says win

Carlo v Jose..........Head says draw......I'd be more than happy to start with a point...

Spurs one of our big bogey teams......we have lousy record against them.

Least they don't have Erickson now.....which should help.

Regards...

Jack

I disagree, Leicester have 1 striker who scores goals, we have 2. We now have a midfield and a world class player.

For the 1st time in a long time I feel we finally bought quality players in the right positions
From January on last season Leicester were bang average.

...Leicester finished 13 points ahead of us last season and were around the top 4 for much of the competition. We were very much involved in the bottom half.

You are assuming our signings will not only bridge that gap but also get us in amongst the top 4. That’s fine for us as supporters, but I can understand why punters are much more underwhelmed by our signings. I think even the poll on here doesn’t have us competing top 4.

i love the optimism, it’ll be great if you’re right but we really need to get results before punters take us seriously.

Heart says win

Carlo v Jose..........Head says draw......I'd be more than happy to start with a point...

Spurs one of our big bogey teams......we have lousy record against them.

Least they don't have Erickson now.....which should help.

Regards...

Jack

Most probably missing playmaker LoCelso (not played pre season cos of thigh problem.)

As others have said not expecting too much, a new midfield and hardly a preseason so could easily be a slow start.

Just hope we see more fight in the middle of the park.

Looking forward to watching, thank god we signed new players otherwise, I'd be cutting the grass .
Saying that,the cricket is only a button away.
Be a great start if we beat spurs,jose be more interested in strutting his stuff in front of Carlo, we will win today...

Status
Not open for further replies.