Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been buzzing around the club/fanbase with the new signings so I'll say we give up a 2-0 lead to kick off the season. 3-2 Spurs.
Clearly not having a preseason with the new players doesn't help but we need to keep it tight and hope... I just fear we aren't ready for this kind of opposition yet.

Can't wait to watch our creative players getting systematically fouled by Mourinho and his merry gang of Space Jam aliens. All the while knowing not a single one of them will get booked.

Its good to be back.
Yeah it’s exactly what will happen. Richarlison got booted all round the park last time we played them right from the first minute but we still ended up picked up the first card if I recall

Its a Mourinho Spurs team away so I'm not expecting a win, I just hope the performance is there and the new boys get some time - especially James and Allan to get an early taste of the league.

What will be interesting is if Kenny starts since Carlo said he was happy with RB options.

Yeah it’s exactly what will happen. Richarlison got booted all round the park last time we played them right from the first minute but we still ended up picked up the first card if I recall
Oh yeah 100%. Mourinho has built a career on being able to stop teams from playing. He'll have his players taking turns on Richy and James to foul them. And there is absolutely no chance that Atkinson will do a thing to stop it.

We can beat these, maybe not tomorrow, but I feel once Carlo has finished building we will have the better side.

Given the last game was absolute crap and lost due to a lucky deflection my hopes aren't high, Guess it depends how quickly Allan and Doucoure adapt to the team, can't see James starting either.

Status
Not open for further replies.