Top Ten Toffee Stinkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman got us European football, he was then handed a squad with 5 number 10's after Lukaku left, that was never going to work. Even if Koeman pressed for these signings he had people like Walsh above to say no. Therefore imho Walsh should be miles ahead of Koeman in the race to get on this list.

Allardyce also did what he was paid to do to avoid relegation. The football was turgid but he met the KPIs that the club wanted him to hit. He was hired because of Walsh's recommendation and because he only did what BFS usually did he got Walsh fired. That is another thing to like about Allardyce.

If you haven't guessed yet the hidden message in my post is that Steve Walsh be elected to no.1 in the toffee top stinkers chart rundown pop pickers.
Agree...the first decent budget since forever and the half-wit blew it.

So subjective this:
Players who had talent but were head cases - Van der meyde and Drenthe
Players with no talent - Claus Thompson Oumar Niasse
Players I thought were going to be good but were bobbins - Alexandersson, Simon Davies and Steven Hughes
Players with talent but no heart - Nyarko John Collins
Biggest disappointment for me was James Beattie, especially when we also had Robbie Keane and Dean Ashton lined up

I always found that Collins was hard done by because of perception. I remember everyone thinking he was some mercurial playmaker before we signed him when in reality he was one of those neat and tidy players who other pros seem to like. He filled in admirably during an enforced stint at left back so I dont mind him so much.

My marker of crapness is always what they did for Everton and my list will always end up with those players who seemed to do absolutely nothing for us whilst playing. So an Oumar would not get in as he won us a game or two, a Joe Max Moore wouldn't get in as he scored in six games in a row, meanwhile Sandro would get in my list because he did nothing of note for us and John Spencer would be one because he played 7 games for us and I don't think he touched the ball once. (obviously he did but, you know...)

Sent him on loan to Doncaster and he got injured after about 12 minutes.

Strange one that.

Check out his career if you get a chance, he's played a totla of about 80 minutes of togger over 15 years.

I think he was highly touted as a youngster but was destroyed by injury. I didn't mind signing him as it was obviously in the vain hope that we could get him fit and playing again.

Evidently wasn't happening...

Final top 100 list l, I've put Lookman in for being a massive let down as well

@Yarrgh my work is done

Bolasie
Klassen
Sandro
Martina
Alcaraz
Koldrup
Davies
Nyarko
Thomson
McGeady
Niasse
Kone
Paul Gerrard
Espen Bardsen
Tony Thomas
John O'Kane
Earl Barrett
Mith Ward
Ashley Williams
Michael Keane
Stuart Barlow
Brett Angell
Mike Milligan
Mo Johnston
Paul Holmes
Gary Rowett
David Burrows
Ian Durrant
Vinny Samways
Marc Hottiger
Danny Williamson
Stephen Hughes
Bakayoko
Alex Cleland
John Spencer
Joe MaxMoore
Mark Hughes
Tommy Johnson
Nicola Alexanderson
Jesper Blomqvist
Idan Tal
Lee Wei Feng
Sander Westerveld
Anderson Da Silva
Stefan Wessels
Anthony Gardner
Jo
Castillo
Senderos
Magueye Gueye
Jan Mucha
Joao Silva
Francisco Junior
Hitzlsperger
Vellios
Atsu
Cleverley
Funes Mori
Leandro Rodriguez
Felipe Mattioni
David Henen
Tarashaj
Enner Valencia
Mangala
Schneiderlin
Lossl
Ginola
Atteveld
Rehn
Neville
Simonson
Mike Newell
Mark Ward
Neil McDonald
Slaven Billic
Abel Xavier
Radzinski
Linderoth
Nyarko
Rodrigo
Iain Turner
Richard Wright
Eddie Bosnar
James Beattie
Jutkiewicz
Jacobsen
Preki
Robles
Neill
Valente
Onyekuru
Pistone
Tiler
Kearton
Oster
Besic
Traore
Madar
John Collins
Lookman
Wow , I admire the dedication in preparing such a long list and I'd say I'd agree with 95 percent of it however , I loved Madar for a start . He was crazy and capable of great things when his head wasn't in the clouds .
Besic isn't far off the worst 100 list but I do enjoy a good battler . Isn't technically great but I think he could of done a job for us in the last few months when we had slow and slower in the middle .
Preki is another one I have fond memories of . I remember him being half decent during a difficult time for the club . I am old though so my memory isn't to be trusted .
I thought McDonald was half decent too . I thought we should of kept hold of him for one season more .
I thought MoJo had a tough time and made a bit of a Scapegoat unfairly .
Was Mike Milligan that bad ? I was so excited when Max-Moore joined us. Atteveld was real average . Williamson was a tragic case and not his fault .
Kearton and Angell were comic geniuses . So , so funny .
I totally forgot about Neill , Bosnar and Burrows .
I do feel sorry for Barlow . His is a proto Tom Davies tale . I wanted him to do so well . Local butcher's son done good type story .
Again , great list .

Vinny Samways

fella’s been banned for less than that.

i take it as a typo and you meant Predrag Radosavicivicjeck (aka Preki)
Sorry not a typo mistake ,Samways came to everton as I remember for around 2.2 million ,which at the time was big money, preki was signed for £100.000 only 2 years before ,I would say Samways a bigger stinker then preki.

Status
Not open for further replies.