Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham are going knowhere. They are really playing well at the moment and Lingard is on fire. People talk about what we have to gain on Chelsea to get 4th like West Ham aren’t the team sitting their.

West Ham are going knowhere. They are really playing well at the moment and Lingard is on fire. People talk about what we have to gain on Chelsea to get 4th like West Ham aren’t the team sitting their.

They could conceivably win their games remaining as well. Hardest fixtures are Chelsea at home (Moyes is always strong at home) and us away (not difficult at all now). They could very easily win 6 of their remaining 8 games which I don’t see any of the others doing. The injury to Rice may derail them a bit.

They could conceivably win their games remaining as well. Hardest fixtures are Chelsea at home (Moyes is always strong at home) and us away (not difficult at all now). They could very easily win 6 of their remaining 8 games which I don’t see any of the others doing. The injury to Rice may derail them a bit.

They definitely have more chance at top 4 than we do anyway.

We are the type of team that could go and beat Brighton, Spurs and Arsenal now and be right in the mix.

It’s been a weird old season.

Bring back the four centre backs wall for the remainder of the season and shithouse our way to champions league!!!!

We are the type of team that could go and beat Brighton, Spurs and Arsenal now and be right in the mix.

It’s been a weird old season.

Bring back the four centre backs wall for the remainder of the season and shithouse our way to champions league!!!!

Id be telling Richy he needs to put his ego aside. Bring back the wall, Allan Gbamin in front. Richy and King/Iwobi wide. James behind DCL. Every game for the rest of the season.

We seem to have moved to a back 5 with two upfront ever since Richarlison had his mid season strop and I don’t think we’ve looked balanced ever since.

It's still within reach. The dream lives on. But if you look at it rationally, there is nothing to indicate that we will manage the top 4. I think the best we can hope for is 6th place, which after all is good, but 8th place will be a small anticlimax.

Id be telling Richy he needs to put his ego aside. Bring back the wall, Allan Gbamin in front. Richy and King/Iwobi wide. James behind DCL. Every game for the rest of the season.

We seem to have moved to a back 5 with two upfront ever since Richarlison had his mid season strop and I don’t think we’ve looked balanced ever since.
Agree with this. That two up top just doesn’t give us any control in games.

Not sure why we really care about sneaking into Europe... 85 aside we rarely do much other than disappoint. Our most recent “ success “ was an exciting exit to Fiorentina in the R16 . ( who went on to lose to Rangers !? in the SF ) The current squad can’t finish off Palace at home ... will it be any different vs Latvia’s 4th place team in the Conference league ?

No thanks, the Europa would be too much for our squad of nobodies.

we don’t have depth

If we get Europe it allows us to attract better players for both team and squad. 5 better in the team means some of our current team become squad players and the European games will mean there is more matches so everyone gets an opportunity to play. I still dream of Champions League but I think Conference League is most likely now.

Status
Not open for further replies.