Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gained a point on Chelsea...4pts off them now with a game in hand.

A lot more twists in this...

I would say 7th is most likely scenario but given how results have been going anyone from Leicester to Villa could finish anywhere from 3rd to 9th. Obviously the higher up a team the higher the likely finishing place but never has s season fluctuated like this.

I would say 7th is most likely scenario but given how results have been going anyone from Leicester to Villa could finish anywhere from 3rd to 9th. Obviously the higher up a team the higher the likely finishing place but never has s season fluctuated like this.

The way the team is playing and due to injuries and the key players being made of silly string, mid table more likely than 4th at the moment.

The last 10 games we needed around 20pts.

9 games to go and we need about 19pts.

If we could get 7th I'd be happy, as we are nowhere near one of the best 6 teams this year. Can't see who's going to be behind us though, maybe Spurs who are similar to us in the way they play.

Can honestly say I'm not interested in top 4 or Europe in its current form. Its just a cash cow. I'm motivated by winning the league, FA or league Cup. I'd be interested in the old style European champions Cup, which meant you were the best of champions - but the modern format is a farce and the UEFA competition is clearly there just to stretch and tire any promising team threatening to break into the cabal of European elite without any real monetary reward.

Obviously I want everton to finish as high as possible, as that registers success- but I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we came second and said no thanks to the drawn out uber-dull European runners up competition.

Injuries have put paid to our chances I feel. We needed to run the gauntlet virtually unscathed. As it is we’ve been decimated. Not enough Allan Docuoure James, far far too much Davies Gomes Siggurdson. The difference when we have the former players available is stark, the run of games at the start of the season, the run before Christmas before Allan got injured, James back against United and Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.