Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never realistically thought it was on the cards given our performances but seems the whole league is inconsistent and producing mad results. It ain't happening though.

If we get Europe it allows us to attract better players for both team and squad. 5 better in the team means some of our current team become squad players and the European games will mean there is more matches so everyone gets an opportunity to play. I still dream of Champions League but I think Conference League is most likely now.

Do you want us to finish higher? Yes.

Do you want to be in Europe? No.

What's the point.....

For me it's about the end goal, we have a world class manager who is likely to do 2 or 3 (max) more seasons and his end goal should be deliver CL football & if that was in three years time there would be a fair chance he does another year.

For me, qualifying for Europa or Europa conference sets that longer term goal back

We had it in our owns hands to break into the top four this season. With a lot of teams below form early on, and with us starting off so well in the first six games we should have now been in a strong position going into the final ten games of finishing comfortably in the top 4.

Unfortunately we came back from the first international break with 2 defeats in a row and we've just been slowly sliding back into mid table. West Ham have come from nowhere and got in a position to break into the top four. Every time we looked like having a chance to get back in the race for a top four place we cracked under the pressure, so much so that we might miss Europe altogether if our home form continues.

For positive posters: Win our game in hand and were 2pts off 4th. West Ham have Leicester, Newcastle and Chelsea next 3 games.

For the negative posters: Tierney has got an injury and is out for 6 weeks. Arsenal rely on him down the left.

Villa of course have RS and City in their next 2 games.

Of course we’re mathematically still in the fight but the reality is we haven’t been playing very well and probably need to win nearly all our remaining games to sneak in. It’s a big ask.

For positive posters: Win our game in hand and were 2pts off 4th. West Ham have Leicester, Newcastle and Chelsea next 3 games.

For the negative posters: Tierney has got an injury and is out for 6 weeks. Arsenal rely on him down the left.

Villa of course have RS and City in their next 2 games.
Keep the faith, could have been 5-0 on Monday. Dodgy spell over, win a few games and off we go.

Keep the faith, could have been 5-0 on Monday. Dodgy spell over, win a few games and off we go.
If we get Allan back and all stay fit for the rest of the season we may have an outside chance but I doubt we will get it
5-7 spot is my guess
Chelsea have a bigger and better squad than us and Leicester are too far ahead

West Ham forward Antonio is out for most of the season with a hamstring injury.

Grealish is out until sometime in May. Lets hope the rescheduled Villa game is booked in soon.

Of course we’re mathematically still in the fight but the reality is we haven’t been playing very well and probably need to win nearly all our remaining games to sneak in. It’s a big ask.

Surely somebody's going to get five from eight, leaving us needing seven from nine. It is, as you say, a big ask.

Liverpool home against Villa today
Palace welcome Chelsea

We could do with a Villa and a Palace win here...

Not bothered if Villa are right on our heels really...we have them to play home and away and the points are in our own hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.