Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool home against Villa today
Palace welcome Chelsea

We could do with a Villa and a Palace win here...

Not bothered if Villa are right on our heels really...we have them to play home and away and the points are in our own hands.

We need to beat Brighton on Monday and we are right back in it. If we lose that I will probably put my hands up and say we can't do it. However I think we will win it so it will be back on.

Liverpool home against Villa today
Palace welcome Chelsea

We could do with a Villa and a Palace win here...

Not bothered if Villa are right on our heels really...we have them to play home and away and the points are in our own hands.
The way we're playing I have no confidence in getting any points from Villa home or away. Leeds beating City keeps them in with a chance of catching us too.

We need to beat Brighton on Monday and we are right back in it. If we lose that I will probably put my hands up and say we can't do it. However I think we will win it so it will be back on.

Remember, even if we lost the game we'd only be 2 wins off west ham.

Never know in football.

The way we're playing I have no confidence in getting any points from Villa home or away. Leeds beating City keeps them in with a chance of catching us too.

Weve not won in 4 games now.

These runs of winless games have previously been followed by winning streaks.

As for Villa, i think we need to be looking up the table rather than down. We shouldnt be afraid of being caught and as weve got 2 games against them then its in our hands.

With Leeds i think it may be a good thing that they won today.

They play Liverpool, United and Spurs in 3 of their next 4 games. They will feel theres something to play for and put in their effort against Liverpool and Spurs -- also i dont see them taking that many pts + weve got 2 games in hand on them.

Remember, even if we lost the game we'd only be 2 wins off west ham.

Never know in football.

Weve not won in 4 games now.

These runs of winless games have previously been followed by winning streaks.

As for Villa, i think we need to be looking up the table rather than down. We shouldnt be afraid of being caught and as weve got 2 games against them then its in our hands.

With Leeds i think it may be a good thing that they won today.

They play Liverpool, United and Spurs in 3 of their next 4 games. They will feel theres something to play for and put in their effort against Liverpool and Spurs -- also i dont see them taking that many pts + weve got 2 games in hand on them.

You are right. That Leeds goal has actually kept our title hopes alive. I still believe!!

Liverpool winning yesterday means we are dead.

It wasn't a great result and with them probably getting knocked out of Champions League they will be able to focus on the league. The only plus I can see is Villa are likely to go into Benidorm mode so might make it easier for us to pick up 6 points against them. In all livelihood 3-5 is between Leicester, Chelsea and RS. We are probably fighting for 6-8 with Spurs and West Ham. However given Leeds result yesterday if we can stay in the mic a win at Man City on the last day isn't out the question. There is a lot of football to play so let's hope we can get back on track in the same way the RS have.

We'll fade out imo, It's annoying but not all doom at gloom at least for me, I've seen some encouraging signs and worrying, We've properly messed ourselves over at least 10 times this season when top 4 was wide open.
Our midfield has just died due to injuries in recent games and we're still struggling against relegation fodder, Don't think we'll have enough in the tank to finish strongly but if we win the next 2 then all of what I just typed out goes in the bin!

worst we will finish is 8th. We still have a good chance of getting Europe, though I doubt we will get 4th the form Chelsea are in. We need to improve and go for the final push and we could sneak a Europa place.

Far too many are doom merchants. Yes, we may fail, but at least attempt to cheer your team on

COYB

We will not catch the current top 4.
How it is.
Too much damage already with dropped points at home and those above us are more consistent and have more quality in depth.
But we have come along way already in a relatively short time.
Be patient. :);)

worst we will finish is 8th. We still have a good chance of getting Europe, though I doubt we will get 4th the form Chelsea are in. We need to improve and go for the final push and we could sneak a Europa place.

Far too many are doom merchants. Yes, we may fail, but at least attempt to cheer your team on

COYB
This is not worst...worst will be 11-12th...

If we want any kind of Europe we are going to need to get on a winning streak. Top 4 came and went with the defeat against Burnley and the draw against Palace.

We've got to hope 7th gets Europe, we go on a decent run and someone above us slips up.

I don’t think we’ve ever looked anything other than a mid table side tbh. When was the last time we played well and dominated a game?
Much work to do in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.