Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor form from the club here, very suprised at Bill for letting this happen don't care how busy we have been. What I can't get my head round is why they treated Howard to such a fanfare when no one was that arsed about him and left out two homegrown lads that gave their all for us irrespective of their limited ability. Hibbert has been very naive here though.

I do think the club have been poor treating Hobbert this way.

however A few years ago I met someone very close to Moyes through business and he said that Hibbert was one of the biggest trouble makers in the team. He originally asked me who I thought it would be and would never have guessed it was him.

Whether you're the tea lady, a groundman, a steward, Tony Hibbert or Changy the Elephant, everyone deserves to be treated with respect by the club that employs them.

Sure the 30k per week (at least will have softened the blow), not like he has to go get another job like most of us on here would. Great servant. Limited footballer. Dry your eyes sweetheart.

I do think the club have been poor treating Hobbert this way.

however A few years ago I met someone very close to Moyes through business and he said that Hibbert was one of the biggest trouble makers in the team. He originally asked me who I thought it would be and would never have guessed it was him.

Pulling donuts in the FF car park ??

Although the last contract extension was bizarre to say the least you have to say hibbert and osman were treated poorly compared to howard who got a hero's send off

Disagree completely.

There is a right way of treating employees and that includes telling them their contract will not be renewed to their face rather than them finding out about it via the club website.

I agree with this completely, there should be a standard exit procedure within the club which includes informing players face to face prior to the club releasing the information.

However Hibbert is demonstrating some naivety in his comments to the Daily Mail of all papers.

A fine line that needs to be tread carefully.
Many will agree that we need to shed the "Little Old Everton " tag. But not surely, at the expense of retaining our feeling that we have a modicum of style and class.

Whether you're the tea lady, a groundman, a steward, Tony Hibbert or Changy the Elephant, everyone deserves to be treated with respect by the club that employs them.

They do. His exit may have been handled differently, but the fact he is allowed to carry on using the facilities is evidence that something isnt quite right here.

Club should have contacted them in some form. A phone call would have done. Day after season finished. Thanking them for their efforts and wishing the best. 3 min each for ossie peanuts and Tony. Poor form.

However just as poor from Tony. He has been employed earning a great living ( in paticular for last number of years) he has slated the club here that has been very generous to him. He was an extremely limited footballer ( not a bad one) who for me should have played a lot less than he did. I though his positional play was always suspect. The final against Chelsea was a erect example of him always out of position having to chase back. Should have kept his mouth shut and I think would have all the supporters on his side as we knew the story anyway.

See him comment directly in the Echo before taking the Mail's word for it. Seems that he's at FF getting treatment (whether it's strictly when the first team are gone is questionable unless he's put some noses out of joint since June). So we're good but not so good.

Could interpret the situation in many ways:

• Was the official line that as his contract was expiring he was simply no longer a member of the first team squad? Hardly a shock to anyone given his lack of appearances in the last 3 years, as said by others. But communication wasn't considered required because the club were continuing to support his rehabilitation, he'd had his testimonial etc
  • Or from Hibbos perspective maybe he got a shock when he turned up at Finch a Farm one morning maybe for Big Dunc to tell him he isn't training with the first team anymore.
Whatever the case, I am sympathetic to an extent because he probably didn't expect his contract to be renewed but just expected someone to tell him.

But the club does need to get more ruthless in order to deal with the Lukaku and Stones situations when they arise. Personally I wouldn't have chosen the ruthless line with Hibbo though.

Status
Not open for further replies.