Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's shocking treatment from the club. Regardless of whether you think he was a good enough player he is a human being. Any employer, whether it's McDonalds or Everton, should have the decency to at least tell someone they're being let go. Awful stuff and truly embarrassing to treat someone who's served 25 years like that.

I'm not at all embarrassed. Quite the opposite. I'm furious. With him.

I've read the article.

He's a 35 year old ex-professional footballer.

If he wanted to continue playing he KNEW it was only going to happen in the lower leagues and he should of organised it himself.

Its just a whinge from start to finish.

Basically this sort of thinking - would mean Everton will never win another trophy.

Ever.

Because its people demanding special treatment. Instead of going out and getting it and winning stuff.

Joke of an article and he should be ashamed he's made those comments.
Disagree completely.

There is a right way of treating employees and that includes telling them their contract will not be renewed to their face rather than them finding out about it via the club website.

I'm a bit angry with this. This guy is set for life. He was out injured for about a full season and should have gone 3 years before he did. We kept him on only because he was a "blue" in my opinion. He hasn't been premiership class for a good few years. He is lucky he had as long as he did.
Precisely this. He hasn't featured for about 3 years (maybe more). Thats 3 years on mega bucks for 'recovering from injury' or sitting on the bench. He should be thanking the club for keeping him there until he was 35 not the other way round!

He found out, how? His contract was up. Didn't he know? And lets face it he had not been playing for the last year or two. In another area of life, you could say he'd been picking up his wages without working ... Did Everton not pay his wages during his more or less 'absent' last years?

I'm sure things could have been handled better. But, he should not be dissing his club in the tabloids.

No mate. He was 'owed a living' by Everton, obviously.

:rolleyes: the self entitlement galls me.

That's shocking treatment from the club. Regardless of whether you think he was a good enough player he is a human being. Any employer, whether it's McDonalds or Everton, should have the decency to at least tell someone they're being let go. Awful stuff and truly embarrassing to treat someone who's served 25 years like that.

Embarrassing for him to come out after doing nothing for the past two years and slate the club who kept him on the payroll for that long and made him have the bank account he has today.

Now leg it to that fishery in France, the bitter beaut.

Disagree completely.

There is a right way of treating employees and that includes telling them their contract will not be renewed to their face rather than them finding out about it via the club website.

My heart bleeds here.

The fact no contract was offered and he's 35 years old should of told him all he needed to know.

Just his self entitlement whinging. Playing to people's emotions on here.

'Plucky little Everton' like.

Disagree completely.

Is right Legs.

Now I'm certain that Hibbo has justice on his side.

I know mate. Its a joke.

We need to reestablish the ESPIRIT DE CORPS

Eliteism is what Everton Football Club is all about. Eliteism in winning stuff.

Medicority can do one.

People expecting medicority can do one.

If you are going to take part you should be doing it to try and win stuff.

We look after our own. But don't treat the place like a doss house.

Simple as that.
Christ! You really are as stupid as they all say you are. Grow up!

My heart bleeds here.

The fact no contract was offered and he's 35 years old should of told him all he needed to know.

Just his self entitlement whinging. Playing to people's emotions on here.

'Plucky little Everton' like.

Giving Hibbo a call about him not getting another contract doesn't equate to us being 'plucky little Everton' you utter weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.