Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously mate. Its self entitled clowns like Tony Hibbert - doing for me.

Treating Everton like a doss house and their personal playground.

I want Everton to be winning stuff.

Come off it lad. Hibbert was as professional as they come. You would never see Hibbert allow players to stroll past him like Barkley or Lukaku would either. His attitude was spot on.

Everton not winning stuff has nothing to do with Hibbert. The fact we couldn't afford somebody better was the issue. I think you need to look much wider than blaming Hibbo.

If they've not told him before releasing the info to the public that is really poor from the club. I'd be fuming too.
Tony played how many games in his last 2 years?

And he was supposedly 'shocked' at not being offered an extension as a 35 year old Bosman?

Behave Tony. Alright you should have been told openly and face to face, but given we had no manager at that point, get your head out of your arse ffs
These points exactly.

I wouldn't even want a a cleaner at Everton treated like that. This issue isn't about football - it's about how you treat people.

I will repeat, if he wants to give back the millions the club put his pocket for years (that he didn't deserve) then fair enough, you can say he's been treated shoddily. Otherwise I think he's had it pretty cushy from the club for a long time and should shut up with his whinging.

Him having the cheek to compare it to a person in a normal job being let go without reason has really got up my nose.

Christ! You really are as stupid as they all say you are. Grow up!

I don't get taken for a mug.

Which is what this overly sentimental nonsense that I'm seeing here regarding and coming from Tony Hibbert is.

People were saying only last season they wanted Moshiri and Everton - to be 'ruthless'

There you go. I'm pragmatic. I'd of done nothing different to Everton here.

I'm pragmatic in how I approach things. Players that are no longer involved in the club are let go.

And after all the so called "possible" misquotes from Kev and Rom your all too happy to believe every word a newspaper prints about an old, soiled... slighty used blue.

My heart bleeds here.

The fact no contract was offered and he's 35 years of old should of told him all he needed to know.

Just his self entitlement whinging. Playing to people's emotions on here.

'Plucky little Everton' like.
Of course he probably knew. Still does not excuse the club from not making it clear or for not providing an opportunity for him to say goodbye to fans.

Part of being a manager in any organisation is to have the guts to explain difficult decisions to someone to their rather than them finding out through other means, has nothing to do with being "plucky little Everton" or otherwise.

I know mate. Its a joke.

We need to reestablish the ESPIRIT DE CORPS

Eliteism is what Everton Football Club is all about. Eliteism in winning stuff.

Medicority can do one.

People expecting medicority can do one.

If you are going to take part you should be doing it to try and win stuff.

We look after our own. But don't treat the place like a doss house.

Simple as that.
What a weird, selfish attitude to have

What a bizarre article. o_O

While it is bad form from the club to not at least give him a courtesy call, I find it hard to believe that he has had zero contact with the club.

To put things in perspective;
I'm working a lot of short/medium term contracts at the moment. Whilst it's not ideal, it's better than nothing. I assume my employer would inform me at the end of my contract if I was being kept on or not.

It's never come to that though, as I usually have the foresight to contact them a few weeks in advance to find out if my contract it to be renewed, one to be offered elsewhere or nothing at all. That way I can make plans dependent on the answer.

I earn a pittance in comparison to the tens of grands a week Hibbo has earned at Everton and he is trying to make out that he never took matters into his own hands? I'd be harassing them every day for that sort of £££
Also, does he not have an agent FFS?!?!?

As I said, not good from the club to not give him a call, but jesus Tony, at least tell the whole truth if you are going to cry-arse to the papers... :rolleyes:

Of course he probably knew. Still does not excuse the club from not making it clear or for not providing an opportunity for him to say goodbye to fans.

Part of being a manager in any organisation is to have the guts to explain difficult decisions to someone to their rather than them finding out through other means, has nothing to do with being "plucky little Everton" or otherwise.
Did he seriously expect a new deal like? I mean seriously?

Come off it

So why didn't Unsworth and Royle tell him then?

They were the managers until the middle of the summer.

But anyway. I don't care. He can whinge all he wants. We're not a charity

Status
Not open for further replies.