2017/18 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
..apparently asked what he needed to do to get back in the team and was told to improve his training statistics. He did that and regained his place. Might be an insight into why some others don’t play.
Do they really take statistics during training sessions? I know that Sam is huge into his data analysis and Prozone but it seems strange to use numbers to pick the team rather than just watching who is performing well.

Do they really take statistics during training sessions? I know that Sam is huge into his data analysis and Prozone but it seems strange to use numbers to pick the team rather than just watching who is performing well.

..they always have in respect of weighing players and I dare say bleep tests etc have replaced the old shuttle runs etc. I suspect there’s a host of tests and benchmarks these days.

What about luxury player like George best and Ibra?? I guarantee they'd be useless in training but 100% be picked.
It seems certain that this is why ademola and Cenk didn't/don't get games, Sam has mentioned both having training issues.

Totally bizarre.

They all wear those fancy vests that track everything.

..they do, Matey. There have been rumours about Davies and his poor diet. Not sure if there’s any substance in that but he’s still living at home with his parents and brother around the corner from me, I should imagine the club are on top of that.

What about luxury player like George best and Ibra?? I guarantee they'd be useless in training but 100% be picked.
It seems certain that this is why ademola and Cenk didn't/don't get games, Sam has mentioned both having training issues.

Totally bizarre.
I think it's fair enough to leave a player out that looks rubbish in training unless they prove themselves to be george best or ibra, which lookman and tosun haven't yet. Sam is a conservative manager who wants players to be disciplined and to play a system. I don't like him but there's really nothing wrong with this in principle - Mourinho has done the same with a load of players, as have Guardiola and plenty of other managers.

Given that we got him in to "steady the ship" I'm actually OK with him being conservative in the short-term, assuming we're getting the results to keep us in the division and finish in the top 7-10. For example I actually think leaving Tosun out of the firing line for a bit might be quite sensible as long as we don't need him. Was Lookman the man to save our season? Given that we'd just bought Walcott and have Bolasie on the bench, I'd say probably not. The experience he'll get on loan will be invaluable and he would have been a bit-part player at best here.

I think it's fair enough to leave a player out that looks rubbish in training unless they prove themselves to be george best or ibra, which lookman and tosun haven't yet. Sam is a conservative manager who wants players to be disciplined and to play a system. I don't like him but there's really nothing wrong with this in principle - Mourinho has done the same with a load of players, as have Guardiola and plenty of other managers.

Given that we got him in to "steady the ship" I'm actually OK with him being conservative in the short-term, assuming we're getting the results to keep us in the division and finish in the top 7-10. For example I actually think leaving Tosun out of the firing line for a bit might be quite sensible as long as we don't need him. Was Lookman the man to save our season? Given that we'd just bought Walcott and have Bolasie on the bench, I'd say probably not. The experience he'll get on loan will be invaluable and he would have been a bit-part player at best here.
All true.
I think the attitude of Lookman may be a bit concerning however. It is great to be ambitious and going out on loan was exactly what was needed. However, I don't see much difference between sitting on a bench in Leipzig or in Liverpool. He will see different training methods and different ways of playing football and how professionals in a different country behave and that is positive but overall this move may not be as good as some on here seem to believe.

..they do, Matey. There have been rumours about Davies and his poor diet. Not sure if there’s any substance in that but he’s still living at home with his parents and brother around the corner from me, I should imagine the club are on top of that.

I heard a rumour that a near neighbour of his entices him down the pub for some Guiness, in return for training gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.