2017/18 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fair enough to leave a player out that looks rubbish in training unless they prove themselves to be george best or ibra, which lookman and tosun haven't yet. Sam is a conservative manager who wants players to be disciplined and to play a system. I don't like him but there's really nothing wrong with this in principle - Mourinho has done the same with a load of players, as have Guardiola and plenty of other managers.

Given that we got him in to "steady the ship" I'm actually OK with him being conservative in the short-term, assuming we're getting the results to keep us in the division and finish in the top 7-10. For example I actually think leaving Tosun out of the firing line for a bit might be quite sensible as long as we don't need him. Was Lookman the man to save our season? Given that we'd just bought Walcott and have Bolasie on the bench, I'd say probably not. The experience he'll get on loan will be invaluable and he would have been a bit-part player at best here.

What about leaving a player out who is actually rubbish in games.

Really want the kid to succeed. He's had the benefit of a very early integration into the first team (he was first in the squad at 17 I think?) so hopefully he'll kick on and tidy his overall game up. He has the talent and a good attitude.

I'd like to see him remain in the team. Hopefully he'll start to iron out those loose passes and learn when to pull the trigger with his through balls. The team plays much better with him in it

Status
Not open for further replies.