2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had more than enough of him now. He's not a kid any more. In fact he probably has more Premier League appearances than any other player of the same age. He's even worn our captain's armband several times and represented the England u21 side. Since that breakthrough season his entire game has fallen apart, even the amount of effort he puts in. The fact he just plods around the field with his socks falling down just makes him look even worse. Nearly 100 games and he's got 5 goals and 4 assists I believe. A loan won't get him to where he needs to be because the ability is just not there. Can you imagine the respect he'd be shown if he turns up to a Championship side on loan looking like a tosser dressed in a blue velvet coat with his 40.000 wages while being dramatically outperformed by players on a fifth of his wage? He needs to be sold.

Read an article recently saying one problem Tom has is that his natural position is a No. 8 in a 4-3-3. That might explain his incosistency playing as a 6

Read an article recently saying one problem Tom has is that his natural position is a No. 8 in a 4-3-3. That might explain his incosistency playing as a 6
But we don't play 4-3-3 and never have, under Silva it was 4-2-3-1 and under Carlo it's 4-4-2. It's similar to Kean in that at Juve he fitted in there at 4-3-3 but he did'nt fit into the Silva system or the Carlo one which for me has always made it a slightly odd signing.

What I always liked about him was how he would receive a pass. He used to let the ball run across him, which would put him in a positive position. His next move was inconsistent, but I liked how he naturally was in attack mode.

He's lost that.

But we don't play 4-3-3 and never have, under Silva it was 4-2-3-1 and under Carlo it's 4-4-2. It's similar to Kean in that at Juve he fitted in there at 4-3-3 but he did'nt fit into the Silva system or the Carlo one which for me has always made it a slightly odd signing.
That probably explains why he struggles

That Adam Jones is your stereotypical happy clapper.
He’s funny on the podcasts. He must have described every Everton squad player as “absolute quality” at some point. He speaks of some of our team like they’re ballon d’or contenders, the latest being Anthony Gordon before the Liverpool game. Saying how lucky we were to have “such quality” waiting in the wings. I’d hate to see him report on an actual good team, he’d froth at the mouth.

Everton twitter

We can confirm Oumar Niasse, Cuco Martina and Luke Garbutt will leave the Club when their current contracts expire at the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.