2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loan to the Championship with regular football could be the making of him, or it could be the final nail in his Everton coffin.

Either way, the amount of vile abuse he gets from the fans on here is horrible.
He hasn't lived up to early expectations, sure, and he isn't at the level we require at the moment, but the lad is a boyhood blue just trying to make it at his favorite team. He doesn't deserve the level of vitriol aimed at him in my opinion.

He's always came across as a genuine and sincere fella, so best of luck to the lad, whatever his future holds.

Some people will just be nasty on the internet just because. I think a lot of us do overhype the views just for dramatic effect and they aren't really the true picture also. I will happily call him a waste of space but would like nothing more than him and any other of our under performing squad to go on and become world beaters.

At the end of the day it's what happens on the pitch that counts and unfortunately if they can't perform or handle the pressure we need to find players that can. It's a shame that he has come to the fore while we've had this period where all of our players have gone into their shells as obviously for a youngster to step up and lead when everyone else are hiding is a bit unrealistic. I hope he goes somewhere on loan and does well.

Ancelotti rates him that much, he`s bringing in a whole new midfield.

Our midfield needed better quality & fresh faces this was quite evident...

however my point is that Davies will still have a vital role this season as a squad player...

We will still require a strong squad & be reliant on all the players this season irrespective of big signings & star players...

Loan out for me to a premier club. Give him 2 seasons. Take a good look. If not vastly improved sell to championship.
Only problem with that is he gets in no other premier league side so all he’d be doing is sitting on a bench while his value goes down. Cash in while we can while he’s still got the young English premium attached

It will be effective because he wont be in it.
Sorry but the constant passing to the opposition has caught up with him. He's not on his own though. 3 or 4 are with him.

Sometimes...it's a amazing how players can improve when they have better players around them...

Davies at 22yrs has the ability to improve to a more advanced position & become a better player....

Given he's got 3 years left, a loan is the better option, one last chance to show he's worth keeping around or secure himself a move for next season.

How much we get doesn't really matter given as either way it won't be much, and is complete profit with regards to FFP

Sometimes...it's a amazing how players can improve when they have better players around them...

Davies at 22yrs has the ability to improve to a more advanced position & become a better player....

Well if better players arrive and the first lesson he learns is not to give the ball away so dam cheaply then i'd consider that a success.

Will never forgive him for Leicester away last season..

Cost us the game and pretty much stamped Silvas P45 prior to the Liverpool game.
He's not been brilliant but older more experienced and expensive players have been worse. If he is responsible for getting rid of Marco we should show a bit of gratitude. Lets see how he looks in the four Al, Abe, Jim and Tom? Cause he's gonna be playing.

The half he played against Norwich was quite possibly the worst I’ve ever seen a central midfielder ever play. Not just saying that to be dramatic either. I remember watching it trying to understand how a pro footballer can be that bad on a pitch.

Happily sell him for a bit of a profit. Probably get around £10m for him.
Seen far worse from such luminaries as Claus Thomsen, Tobias Linderoth, Alex Nyarko or Danny Williamson.

Given he's got 3 years left, a loan is the better option, one last chance to show he's worth keeping around or secure himself a move for next season.

How much we get doesn't really matter given as either way it won't be much, and is complete profit with regards to FFP

I would loan him.

He looked a real talent in 2017 but has got progressively worse each season. A loan to a championship side will make or break or him. He has stagnated and needs a reality check. It appears to have done Holgate the world of good. Either Tom wants to be a success at his boyhood club, or he is happy wearing outlandish clothes and his footballing career is just a way of funding that. I really wanted him to be a success here.

Why can’t some accept when an academy player just isn’t good enough? We always seem to keep them far too long, everyone knew Dowell and Garbutt wouldn’t make it here years ago but we just got rid now, we still have Pennington on the books and we’re doing the same thing with Davies now.

If we sell him now we can at least sell the “potential” it’s how all clubs sell their young players who aren’t good enough, for some reason we don’t.

He’s got 3 years left on his deal if he’s not sold this summer and goes out on loan to the Championship and doesn’t impress greatly then we’re stuck with a player who’s not “young”, has no “potential” and didn’t look out of place in the second division, his value astronomically crashes. We could get some fool of a team to pay £10m+ this summer or we could wait and it’ll be £5m or less next year.

I honestly think Mo Besic is twice the player he is and would much rather have him in the squad and we’ve been actively trying to get rid of Besic for years. Objectively one of the worst players to play over 100 PL games for us in 20 years and is literally our 6th or 7th best central midfielder now with Allan and Doucoure.

Guaranteed we’ll keep him and Kenny on the books for another 2 years until they both leave for buttons when at this point they could drum up £25m for our budget and pure FFP profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.