2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to him if he goes hope he comes back a decent player. Loose them high heels while you're down there!

If we broaden the discussion out from Tom Davies for a second how many Everton players impressed last season or even came close to the form you would expect from them ?
I would say, Digne( but probably not as good as the season before that)
Holgate, when he came into the team
DCL
Richarlson
Keane... after the arrival of CA.

Arguably five players and even they had poor moments like everybody else, for instance I don't think Richarlison and DCL were great after the restart.

It was a very poor season for nearly every player and I think Tom Davies was no worse than most and better than some.

It was a shockingly poor season where we spent some weeks in the relegation zone, it seems to me that a lot of the blame seems to be landing on the shoulders of a 21 year old... a players which the current manager continued to play.
That needed saying, he wasn’t great that’s true, but at least he tried every game, did some of the others?

Disagree. Can't blame siggy for everything. Davies is absolutely tripe.

The whole Davies running and covering thing is a complete myth made up by people who want to give him a hundred chances because he's a local boy. Watch the anfield derby from last season as an example. The referee overtook Davies running back to try and prevent one of their attacks which they scored from. Davies is abysmal, has no positive attributes and wouldn't get in any other prem side.

I think he does try. I wont fault him for that and has show glimpses of being half decent. (Glimpses mainly dribbling)

I totally agree with you however overall he is absolutely tripe. He hasnt developed and runs headless around the pitch without doing anything. Cant tackle. Looks weak. Cant pass. Poor touch and I would move him on loan asap and sell if he doesnt vastly improve.

Loan to the Championship with regular football could be the making of him, or it could be the final nail in his Everton coffin.

Either way, the amount of vile abuse he gets from the fans on here is horrible.
He hasn't lived up to early expectations, sure, and he isn't at the level we require at the moment, but the lad is a boyhood blue just trying to make it at his favorite team. He doesn't deserve the level of vitriol aimed at him in my opinion.

He's always came across as a genuine and sincere fella, so best of luck to the lad, whatever his future holds.

Loan to the Championship with regular football could be the making of him, or it could be the final nail in his Everton coffin.

Either way, the amount of vile abuse he gets from the fans on here is horrible.
He hasn't lived up to early expectations, sure, and he isn't at the level we require at the moment, but the lad is a boyhood blue just trying to make it at his favorite team. He doesn't deserve the level of vitriol aimed at him in my opinion.

He's always came across as a genuine and sincere fella, so best of luck to the lad, whatever his future holds.

Ultimately, it's a forum, and people are allowed to express their opinions.

Not one person, from my recollection, has knocked his personality, everyone seems certain that he's a nice lad. But nice lads don't always make great footballers. Truth is mate, he's made over 110 appearances for Everton, and he's shown nothing of the sort in the last 18-24 months since bursting onto the scene against City to show he's a Premier League footballer.

I personally couldn't care less if he's a blue or not, as i've said before, if his name is Mo Besic he goes on loan. He's scouse, so gets chance after chance, had many a chance and not taken it.

Ultimately, it's a forum, and people are allowed to express their opinions.
I'm not saying you aren't allowed your opinion on his ability as a footballer. We all want the best for Everton and you can't be too sentimental on players in this day and age.

But there is a difference between criticism and abuse. Please don't tell me you haven't noticed far too much of the latter when it comes to Tom Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.