2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying you aren't allowed your opinion on his ability as a footballer. We all want the best for Everton and you can't be too sentimental on players in this day and age.

But there is a difference between criticism and abuse. Please don't tell me you haven't noticed far too much of the latter when it comes to Tom Davies.
Always wished the best for Tom. Lik his eccentric personality. But he has over a 100 games and he didn't offer much. Lives off the man city goal for me. Probably always tries his best but he isn't good enough I'm afraid. Got no power offers no goal threat, easily knocked off the ball. Now if he stays nothing would give me more pleasure than to eat my words and Tom rip it up in the premier. But just don't see it myself

The relegated Liverpool Ladies desperately need him. Judging by the super upbeat threads in Everton Ladies we definitely do not need him there. It could happen. The 22 year old son of a good friend of mine has just declared to his parents that he wishes to be regarded as female from now on. Don't scoff, it happens and good luck to her.

I'm not saying you aren't allowed your opinion on his ability as a footballer. We all want the best for Everton and you can't be too sentimental on players in this day and age.

But there is a difference between criticism and abuse. Please don't tell me you haven't noticed far too much of the latter when it comes to Tom Davies.

I don't actually think the abuse Tom gets is too different than Sigurdsson, Walcott or Iwobi. I think Gomes is slightly above it.

I've seen lads who aren't good enough pass through, Dowell, McLeod, Chadwick, Hughes, Clarke and so on, and they've not been given a dog's life, but equally, they've had 10-15 games and been decided they are not good enough and moved on. For some reason, we've adapted a mentality where we're too nice and giving jobs to the boys. Jevons, Jeffers etc getting coaching roles, and Davies has to be similar.

It's not his fault, it probably falls at the clubs feet, as ultimately, if we recruit right, he gets no where near this side. We didn't but now we have, but now we've had 121 games for Tom Davies to prove his worth, and e won't make it.

When he leaves, he'll be respected should he ever return as an opposition player, but his displays mean a fanbase will on be fuming.

Hes worth more than that. At least 10m
he is young, English prem experience that's the least we should be asking.
In fairness to the lad he has been put in an awful position asked to do a job in a crap midfield , that he isn't suited to, a loan might be a better option, although i am a bit baffled as to what his ideal position really is he shows the odd bits of skill and his attitude is good, think he would do well abroad.

Hes worth more than that. At least 10m

Problem is if no one wants him you have to accept lower.

No one in the Prem wants a midfielder with no attributes

No one in the lower leagues could realistically afford him at present with covid

Cant see a european outfit looking at him either

Needs a loan atleast needs to play games every week get his confidence back a move to the championship could help also being away from liverpool could help him grow up could be similar to holgate

Always wished the best for Tom. Lik his eccentric personality. But he has over a 100 games and he didn't offer much. Lives off the man city goal for me. Probably always tries his best but he isn't good enough I'm afraid. Got no power offers no goal threat, easily knocked off the ball. Now if he stays nothing would give me more pleasure than to eat my words and Tom rip it up in the premier. But just don't see it myself
This really. Thought he could develop into a really impressive midfielder. Now I think it’s probably best for him and also if he leaves. I wish him well in his future endeavours.

Three years left on that deal. A loan might be advantageous to both sides. If he succeeds on loan he can either be sold or used moving forward potentially as a reserve. If he fails though, I'm afraid we are stuck looking for loans for a couple of years til he's off the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.