2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It convinced about him as a player.

And a shy, reserved lad, he’s never EVER. A captain.

If him and DCL stayed away from the first 18 I’d be very happy. Championship players who need loan time at the very minimum.

They may come good, but not yet.

It convinced about him as a player.

And a shy, reserved lad, he’s never EVER. A captain.

If him and DCL stayed away from the first 18 I’d be very happy. Championship players who need loan time at the very minimum.

They may come good, but not yet.

..this ‘captain’ thing always makes me smile. Like a captain has to have his sleeves rolled up and give everybody a rollicking to be effective. I presume you know what Davies is like in the dressing room and whether he commands the respect of his peers.

I think back to a gentleman like Brian Labone who rarely got booked, who you would never see shouting at players. A player like Brian Labone who might have looked a ‘shy and reserved’ lad but who captained the greatest Everton team of all. A captain like Kevin Ratcliffe who got sore arms from lifting up cups but was far from demonstrative.

Criticise Tom Davies the footballer, but the arguments about being a skipper are a bit of nonsense unless you are really involved with the first team.

It seemed a daft move to make the lad captain because he doesn't inspire much on the field of play.
Maybe he's a colossus in the dressing room or training ground. I wouldn't know.

The lad's ok. Buy he's not good enough. He has no major attribute. He gets a foot in, he keeps the ball moving.

With the best will in the world - and I've been in his corner - he just isn't good enough...along with the vast majority of this squad.

Thoughts exactly Dave. Another Cleverly.

He spoke well I thought after the game to Sky.
However I don’t think he should be starting and being made captain is another matter.
However we have more pressing issues at the moment rather than who gets the armband.

The lad's ok. Buy he's not good enough. He has no major attribute. He gets a foot in, he keeps the ball moving.

With the best will in the world - and I've been in his corner - he just isn't good enough...along with the vast majority of this squad.

The fact he stands out shows how poor the quality of the squad is. I agree with you. Currently he should be a reserve midfielder getting some time in cup games along side senior midfielders. Instead he’s practically had the entire creative burden of our midfield on him. He’s having a manful go at it but it’s not enough. The money wasted on Klaasen Siggurdson Schneiderlin and Vlasic has been criminal. We could have brought in 2 or 3 top creative midfielders for the money we’ve wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.