2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played better today than he normally does but it still wasn't to a level that is going to convince many that he deserves a starting spot in our team.

We have no spine in our team as it is. Hopefully Mina solves our defence, hopefully Gomes solves our midfield and hopefully January solves our strike force.

If that was a "good" performance from Davies, the problem is not that people expect too much from him, it's more that people have become desensitised to his overwhelming awfulness

Would strongly disagree, for the first time in a long time we didn’t loose the battle in midfield and we transitioned the ball between defense and attack with something faster then a submerine turning. Davies was a huge contributor to that.

He was sloppy once or twice, but he was trying to be expansive doing it, I’ll take that every time then a safe Scniderlin moving the ball around five yards a time and jogging without intent.

Top lad Tom.

He just runs into cul de sacs then falls over or passes it into touch (he did that several times today). Not good enough and never will be!

If that was a "good" performance from Davies, the problem is not that people expect too much from him, it's more that people have become desensitised to his overwhelming awfulness

If he was awful today mate, how comes we don't have another midfielder who can play through balls like him?

He put more through balls through today than I remember our entire midfield doing all season.

I am not sure acknowledging a midfielder who an pass the pass forward and create opportunities for forward players is anything other than reflecting on his game. He does he weaknesses too.

If he was awful today mate, how comes we don't have another midfielder who can play through balls like him?

He put more through balls through today than I remember our entire midfield doing all season.

I am not sure acknowledging a midfielder who an pass the pass forward and create opportunities for forward players is anything other than reflecting on his game. He does he weaknesses too.

Siggurdson - who I don't rate - literally did this today and does this every week more than Davies.

If we are genuinely, genuinely putting some praise in for "playing passes forward" then god help us. Neville used to be one of the highest forward passes playing player in the side season after season and he was garbage.

Not one of the worst. It’s hardly praise, but the stick should be aimed at the forwards who missed 40 chances, the defenders who were absent leaving Kenny 3 v 1 and the linesman.

I feel like the Tom Davies fan club on here, which I’m not, but he wasn’t as bad as people are making out. He had good first half and a decent second one I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.