2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact he stands out shows how poor the quality of the squad is. I agree with you. Currently he should be a reserve midfielder getting some time in cup games along side senior midfielders. Instead he’s practically had the entire creative burden of our midfield on him. He’s having a manful go at it but it’s not enough. The money wasted on Klaasen Siggurdson Schneiderlin and Vlasic has been criminal. We could have brought in 2 or 3 top creative midfielders for the money we’ve wasted.
I look at a CM selection of Schneiderlin, Davies and Gueye.,...and the tears soon follow.

We are an appalling outfit. APPALLING.

We missed him v WH. Along with Gueye he helped control the midfield for long spells today. We all are welcome to our own opinions but manager after manager sees he is quality and select him. Silva sees enough to make him captain. IMO thats a good call and he played a captains game today.

I'm guessing that him being named captain was a message from Silva to the senior players that probably expected to get it ahead of a teenager.

The quicker tempo of the first hour suited him better, as his passing improves when it's one or two touch. He's atrocious when he has time to think, though.

We missed him v WH. Along with Gueye he helped control the midfield for long spells today. .

What did we miss exactly? His average of two tackles per game and zero aerial duels won? Or maybe his impressive amount of 15 touches during the first half of the game? Naaah, it probably had to be his 68% passing accuracy!

Siggurdson - who I don't rate - literally did this today and does this every week more than Davies.

If we are genuinely, genuinely putting some praise in for "playing passes forward" then god help us. Neville used to be one of the highest forward passes playing player in the side season after season and he was garbage.

I haven't see Sigurdsson put many balls through today. In fairness he doesn't play as deep. I saw Davies put 3-4 through balls for people to go in on goal. I didn't see Sigurdsson do that today.

This doesn't have to be a defence of Davies but a criticism of the rest of the midfield. I just see he does things that our midfielders don't currently do.

What did we miss exactly? His average of two tackles per game and zero aerial duels won? Or maybe his impressive amount of 15 touches during the first half of the game? Naaah, it probably had to be his 68% passing accuracy!
You might have missed it but we lost 1-3 at home without him.

The manager of Everton FC thought enough of him to make him captain today. We were much better for it. You dont rate him? Fair enough. You must know something Silva doesnt. Please tell. Could do with a giggle after todays undeserved result.

Kinell, leave Tom alone you utter horrors. The lads only 20 give him the time he needs to develop, encourage him instead of hounding him.
It seems like he can do no right in some peoples eyes, I thought he played well today didn’t look too much out of place and Arsenal’s midfield cost millions.
I think a bit of perspective needs to be applied here, he seems to be getting judged like he’s the finished article costing 40 million when in fact he’s the only 20 year old centre mid in the league playing regular first team football.
He needs at least two more seasons of development before anyone can write him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.