2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was full of optimism for this game despite the years of dross.

Then I see Davies wearing the armband. My first thought was ‘is this a massive windup?’

What on earth has he done to deserve that? Imagine him rallying the troops.

Lost so much respect for Silva - baffling.

Then I see Davies wearing the armband. My first thought was ‘is this a massive windup?’

I was stoked to see him start today, good touch to make him captain. Clearly Silva, and the other managers before, see something others cant. My money is that Silva is right.

No idea why he captains the side when we have Sigurdsson, Walcott and Keane starting. That said I thought he played better than people are giving him credit for today. Looked to be positive with the ball at his feet. Just watched a youtube vid of gareth barry, Davies should strive to be like him, metronomic with his passing.

Yeh it’s almost like whoever wears the armband actually means something.

Out of all our young players I think he is the most likely to succeed here, DCL is crap, Kenny doesn’t look like he is ready, lookman has great skills and potential but won’t recognise it here imo.

Much more balanced with him in than Schneider Lin. It means Gueye can concentrate on winning the ball and Davies can get up and down the pitch. Still not convinced he's quite good enough to be anything more than a squad player though.
That’s it. He and Gana are the best combo be got. He’s not amazing, but the team is better with him. Gomes will likely be a massive upgrade. But Schneiderlin shouldn’t be out there.

No idea why he captains the side when we have Sigurdsson, Walcott and Keane starting. That said I thought he played better than people are giving him credit for today. Looked to be positive with the ball at his feet. Just watched a youtube vid of gareth barry, Davies should strive to be like him, metronomic with his passing.
But he’s not Gareth Barry. He’s nothing like him.

Thought he did alright yesterday but CHRIST does he make some daft decisions both on and off the ball. There comes a point were even a 20 year old needs to start showing that there's enough about him to become a consistently effective player in that position, given the amount of games he's played for us already...

Status
Not open for further replies.