2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he played pretty well vs Arsenal. Great pass for the first chance which should have been buried. Got himself around a bit and generally tends to play forward.

Still room for improvement like

Sorry mate, your posting in the wrong thread!

Why are you being so reasonible, you should be expressing your fume about Silva giving the armband to a young evertonian who has been at the club since he was 10 instead of some random icelandic fella who couldn't believe his luck he got 1 last big pay day before he retires.

You should be blaming both goals on him, including the offside one, the linesman got told at half time by tom davies not to give any offsides

I think, at the very least, he needs a settled team/squad around him if his development is to continue. As much as he's floundered in recent times I'd rather we didn't pull the trigger on him yet.

He arguably shouldn't be an integral part of the team.. yet. He needs a couple more years to establish himself in one position if he wants to make it is own for years to come. To be honest though I'm still not entirely sure if making him captain has been a good call or not..

Its only because our other 3 captains were not playing, relax

The difference in performance levels home and away is telling though. We seem to get on the backs of our own players more than we do the opposition these days.

Fourth manager to see something in him. Captain at 20.

Obviously something about him.

Clearly there is and it’s there to see in my opinion. He has the ability to run our attacking game for us from midfield. He’s shown that in the past when he was in tandem with Barkley. Sadly at the moment he’s in a poor midfield with not much movement ahead of him if Tosun plays. If he can add a yard of pace and some physicality over the next couple of seasons then he has all the tools to be a good midfielder.

The difference in performance levels home and away is telling though. We seem to get on the backs of our own players more than we do the opposition these days.

Fourth manager to see something in him. Captain at 20.

Obviously something about him.

Davies is usually dismal away from home and tends to put in his better performances at Goodison, so I´m not sure what´s telling.

Honestly, just look at the video. When in his career will Davies start doing this? Jenas at his age was by far the better prospect.

It´s actually a bit worrying that our fans rate Davies so highly yet complain about why we under perform so much.

Honestly, just look at the video. When in his career will Davies start doing this? Jenas at his age was by far the better prospect.

It´s actually a bit worrying that our fans rate Davies so highly yet complain about why we under perform so much.

Jenas was a very good player in his youth. I'm talking more your ridiculous comparison to Lee Cattermole.

Status
Not open for further replies.